• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Eating too much?

TR_Wolf

(just call me Adam)
Do any other post-op sleevers feel they're at that stage when they realise they're eating too much, or too frequently?

I get full up after a meal, even if its just something like a ham and cheese panini on pitta bread, but then an hour or two later I feel I could eat again.

I also do sometimes think I'm eating too much, when I'm able to manage 2 fishcakes, or even an almost full portion of chips from the chippy!

It's bad, I know :/

But OTHER times I realise I've not yet eaten when its like 4pm, or I'll go to a cafe and get completely and utterly full to bursting point on a cup of tea and 2 slices of toast.

I'd like your thoughts, because I'm worried I'm screwing up :/

TR_Wolf said:
Do any other post-op sleevers feel they're at that stage when they realise they're eating too much, or too frequently?

I get full up after a meal, even if its just something like a ham and cheese panini on pitta bread, but then an hour or two later I feel I could eat again.

I also do sometimes think I'm eating too much, when I'm able to manage 2 fishcakes, or even an almost full portion of chips from the chippy!

But OTHER times I realise I've not yet eaten when its like 4pm, or I'll go to a cafe and get completely and utterly full to bursting point on a cup of tea and 2 slices of toast.

When did you have your sleeve done ? Had mine on 14th dec .

i don't have enough experience and had DS op so not qualified to give you advice but i'm sure someone will come on soon and be able to help :) good luck but i have to say should you be eating chippy at all it just seems it's full of fat and isn't that what we are supposed to avoid and what made us need the op in the first place :( please don't think i'm preaching or anything i'm scared to hardly eat anything

I had my sleeve done 3 weeks ago and feel full up after half a yoghurt or 4 spoons of readybrek but then feel hungry again after an hour , i cant eat proper food yet so dont know if things will change then ?
does it hurt when you eat ? i get a pain even when i swallow water ?

Tracy x

TR_Wolf said:

Are you drinking enough?? If u r feeling hungry maybe ur thirsty?? Try drinking more water that may help, also the same as someone else as said chippy chips r probably not the best thing to have, try going bk to basics like u was at the start of ur op thinking of ur meals eating protein first, then veg then carbs, I had a bypass 16th April so not sure how differant the sleeve is but u say a cup of tea and toast r u allowed to eat and drink together?? I'm not, also toast I carnt eat it lol I know we r all differant but watch u ain't flushing ur food through too fast with drinking at the same time, I thought this is wat we had to avoid?? We r all in this together so don't think I'm having a go, we will help u through this, u say u have 2 fish cakes do u have veg or anything with it? Maybe instead of the 2 fish cakes add more veg or salad to fill u more and just stick to one fish cake?? I don't know it all so can only give u my opinion on wat I would do, iv just started the gym and adding more fruit to my diet and drinking more water cus I felt as I was eating well grazing a bit much so this may help u xx

It's normal to feel full up quickly then hungry again after an hour or two however I'm four years on and still wouldn't be able eat a portion of chips or even two toast, never been able to drink tea with toast at all. So not sure how you're managing that!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It's normal to feel full up quickly then hungry again after an hour or two however I'm four years on and still wouldn't be able eat a portion of chips or even two toast, never been able to drink tea with toast at all. So not sure how you're managing that!

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

2 toast seem okay to me because it's crunchy, not doughy. I can't eat slices of bread that's for sure!

The portion of chips thing... that was a one off, I've not routinely had chips or anything, but when I HAVE had some chips, I usually can only get through a few unless I really REALLY take my time. I'm just saying that it's not out of the realms of possibility for me now.

Are you drinking enough?? If u r feeling hungry maybe ur thirsty?? Try drinking more water that may help, also the same as someone else as said chippy chips r probably not the best thing to have, try going bk to basics like u was at the start of ur op thinking of ur meals eating protein first, then veg then carbs, I had a bypass 16th April so not sure how differant the sleeve is but u say a cup of tea and toast r u allowed to eat and drink together?? I'm not, also toast I carnt eat it lol I know we r all differant but watch u ain't flushing ur food through too fast with drinking at the same time, I thought this is wat we had to avoid?? We r all in this together so don't think I'm having a go, we will help u through this, u say u have 2 fish cakes do u have veg or anything with it? Maybe instead of the 2 fish cakes add more veg or salad to fill u more and just stick to one fish cake?? I don't know it all so can only give u my opinion on wat I would do, iv just started the gym and adding more fruit to my diet and drinking more water cus I felt as I was eating well grazing a bit much so this may help u xx

I'm definitely drinking enough. I've started a real love affair with tea ;)

The fishcakes would just be 2 fishcakes with tartare sauce, nothing else.

And as for the tea with toast thing... that's pretty rare really, there's not many foods I can eat where I can drink as well, but with toast, I can really take my time, but even then I end up very full up by the end of it! But toast is maybe once a week.

TR_Wolf said:
I'm definitely drinking enough. I've started a real love affair with tea ;)

The fishcakes would just be 2 fishcakes with tartare sauce, nothing else.

And as for the tea with toast thing... that's pretty rare really, there's not many foods I can eat where I can drink as well, but with toast, I can really take my time, but even then I end up very full up by the end of it! But toast is maybe once a week.

I wasn't having a go hope u don't think I was bcus the message uv wrote bk seems like ur defending ur actions, I don't mean to sound rude but u asked a question we r trying to answer it! Gosh I sound like a bit** I ain't really I ain't ;-) iv started a live affair with tea too lol love the stuff but I have started more water the last few wks.... Instead of 2 fish cakes wat about adding the veg or salad and just having one?? Just a thought, and the chips well ur entitled to a treat so that's good that it's not always. How u finding ur weight loss is it going well? Xx

I wasn't having a go hope u don't think I was bcus the message uv wrote bk seems like ur defending ur actions, I don't mean to sound rude but u asked a question we r trying to answer it! Gosh I sound like a bit** I ain't really I ain't ;-) iv started a live affair with tea too lol love the stuff but I have started more water the last few wks.... Instead of 2 fish cakes wat about adding the veg or salad and just having one?? Just a thought, and the chips well ur entitled to a treat so that's good that it's not always. How u finding ur weight loss is it going well? Xx

Nono, I'm just explaining, don't worry! :)

Weight loss itself has gone great actually, 7 stone down since April! :woohoo:

Great stuff, that's the main thing then I wouldn't worry then sounds to me as ur doing fine, we all have the tendency to over eat at times maybe more than we should sometimes without thinking about it normally resulting with feeling or being sick but if ur loosing ild say ur doing just
fine if ur worried maybe spk to ur team at ur check up? Xx

Adam - your post-op weight loss shows that whatever you are doing is working for you - less than 3 stone to go, well done. Take lots of pictures in Berlin and show off your new svelte figure!

hi adam we roughly had our sleeves done at the same time mine was 4th april.... heres what ive eaten today so u can compare...

breakfast ~ smoothie....

mid morning ~ yoghurt

lunch two ryvitas ( ie four) with ham cheese

tea two spoonfuls boiled rice and chicken......

i can eat alot of choc if i didnt have willpower and crisps its tough eh.....

i could eat one slice of toast at a push one and half......but id feel pain so dont do it...... do u feel uncomfortable eating carby foods?..... well done on your wl xxx

If you eat carbs, they make you crave carbs, try eating more meat and fish with vegetables and fruit. Well done so far.

I think "testing" the band, sleeve or bypass to see how much we can eat is a bad move. On the contrary we should be testing it to see how little we can eat and still feel full. This from someone who has slowed down after only six weeks and is feeling pretty crap about it, but I just had the most wonderful uplifting phonecall from a friend who saw me at a "do" on Sunday night all dressed up and wearing a jewelled belt (first time in centuries!). She was quizzing me mercilessly on how I'd lost the weight (only just under 2st so far including pre op, but I started out at less than many of you). At one point she asked me directly "did you have a gastric band fitted?" As I am sleeved I could answer truthfully "no I didn't have a gastric band fitted!"...I'm not a liar and if she'd asked me if I'd had surgery I don't know what I'd have said but thankfully she didn't.

Since I had my sleeve done, I can eat quiet a lot, and am also scared I'm eating too much, or the doc didn't do the op as he should have and the pouch just became bigger again.

Not a sleever but just wanted to say I love how happy you look in your post surgery pic!! I agree swop a fish cake for veg and introduce more fruit n veg if for nothing else then to up your vitamins - not a lot of nutritional value in fishcakes unless they are homemade n baked! Also do u have a time limit on how long u should eat for ...if so when u take your time you could be forcing more in than you need, just a thought as bypassers have a 20min meal limit

Back