• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

eatting too much

ladiedevilish

hi had my surgery wednesday and i dont know if something is wrong, today i ate half a tin soup for lunch and half tin for dinner and a whole muller light about and hour later is this too much? my mum had the surgery and she said it is, but im not too sure.
i havent had anyproblems so far with anything i have tried apart from my liquid multivit but if i mix it with water and squash it fine.
so basically from you expirieces is this too much too soon?

So long as you follow what your team advises, you should be okay?

I had surgery 5 weeks ago the 1st few weeks i felt the same as you so just for peace of mind i rang the bariatric clinic and explained it to them there reply was thats fine just keep going the fluid just passes through your new pouch wait till the end of week 2 and try some mash potato see what happens then i managed 4 spoons and was totaly full but i know whats going through your mind cause i thought the same thing that something was wrong good luck...

These types of food slide through easily so you probably won't feel restriction, and as they are more or less liquids I don't think you can have too much. I think I was probably having about the same quantity at your stage.

As others say at this point fluids pass straight through you. We are all different and you are very lucky to have your mom having surgery already to ask advice from. However we all are very different, at a couple of months post op i could eat an apple whereas someone 8 months ahead of me couldnt.... Chilllllll x

Back