• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Edamame beans

ceejay

I've read somewhere on here that Edamame beans are good for you
What are they, :confused: what do they do :confused: and where do I get them (if they're good..)

Sorry to show my ignorance, but how do you pronounce it...? :confused::D

Also known as soya beans. They are high ish in protein but be are full of them being smothered in salt. M & S do a lovely frozen pack of peas, broad beans & soy beans. Great protein vegetable portion. Also if you cook & purée with a little garlic & seasoning makes a lovely dip or spread. Enjoy.

Tesco do the dried version two packs for three pounds - weigh them out though they are a bit delish ans as bellydancer says topped with salt!

Pronounced end aim. You can have them fresh in salads etc or salted as a snack. Found this info:

Nutrition Facts

A 1/2-cup serving of shelled edamame contains only 100 calories, with 3 g of unsaturated fat and 8 g of protein. It also provides 4 g of fiber and is a good source of calcium, copper, folate, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, thiamin, vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin K. Edamame doesn't contain any cholesterol and has very little sodium.

Significance

Because the protein in edamame is complete protein, containing all of the amino acids necessary for human health, these beans are a good meat alternative. They provide the necessary protein, along with a variety of vitamins and minerals, without the saturated fat and cholesterol present in meat.

I have tried them fresh in an M&S salad and salted, very nice :D

they serve them at Yo Sushi restaurants which is a great way for post oppers to eat out as you eat and pay for as much as you can manage from the small dishes off the conveyor belt :)

Waitrose sell them lightly salted too, in there sandwich section, they do some great sushi too if you can manage rice. I really like them, especially for their fibre! :D

Back