• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Embarrassing bodies

flutterby1966

Shaw Sommers discussing bariatric surgery on ch4

SleeveGirl

I missed it :( Am going to get it on plus 1 :)

Cat Lover Sue

My work colleagues were talking about Embarrassing Bodies the other day and they couldn't believe people would subject themselves to it. But I really can see how folk can be desparate - especially for plastics/weight loss procedures where funding is a huge lottery. Is it a small price to pay dignity-wise if Channel 4 funds your procedures which you can't pay for yourself but really need and the NHS won't pay out for? In my view yes. Still find it hard though when people go on with things like piles which surely would be treated through their own GP??!

Snow White

My work colleagues were talking about Embarrassing Bodies the other day and they couldn't believe people would subject themselves to it. But I really can see how folk can be desparate - especially for plastics/weight loss procedures where funding is a huge lottery. Is it a small price to pay dignity-wise if Channel 4 funds your procedures which you can't pay for yourself but really need and the NHS won't pay out for? In my view yes. Still find it hard though when people go on with things like piles which surely would be treated through their own GP??!

I used to think the same. But, having all this loose skin has changed my mind. I applied to have thigh, arm lift, tummy tuck and boobs done for all the world to see. I am happily sacrificing my dignity to have my body completed.

tealovingsleever

Totally understand and don't look at myself naked very often. Tried some bras on in debenhams today. Deary me my tummy arms and thighs are hideous!

Snow White

I know this is an old thread. But, was reading around and thought I would update it. I have now had all four procedures and totally stand by what I had said. Definitely worth the embarrassment. LOL

brooke_marie

Having been on Supersize vs Superskinny I can relate to being so desperate you'll go on tv. Having said that, I'll never do it again!

brooke_marie

They put you on a diet for 12 weeks, but no long term help/exercise regime at all. Everyone in the series I was in has gained weight back to what they were or more. The only person who's lost weight since the series has had a gastric sleeve done!

Snow White

They put you on a diet for 12 weeks, but no long term help/exercise regime at all. Everyone in the series I was in has gained weight back to what they were or more. The only person who's lost weight since the series has had a gastric sleeve done!

That sucks! But, it seems pretty typical. I know someone who did one of the other shows. They dropped her like a sack of potatoes once filming finished. She also ended up with wls. With my one it's loads of surgery that has completed the journey. But, if I needed to lose weight still I don't think the support would have been there for long term success.