• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

embarressing but i need to ask,,,,

starr

very happy post opper
right ,il just ask cos its the only thing thats worrying me ,,how hard is it to keep yourself clean,ie loo,,after surgery,,ive worried so much that iove bought a bottom wiper aid ,to the hysteria and entertainment of my lovely family!,hope it dont seem a stupid question,i just hate the thought of struggling after x

I had the same surgery as you Dawn, with gall bladder removal too and I was no less mobile post op than I was pre op. You will also be able to shower as many times as you like.
Try not to worry too much.
Lynne x

thanks love,i know it was daft not asking sooner,but i feel better now, even more so cos you had same op, thankyou xx

I was a bit worried about this but as wizzbang said you are no less able to do it!

But if you're anything like me I didnt need to 'go' until 5 days post op and by then I was in no pain and able to move (and wipe) fine. I very much doubt you'll even need to go for the first 3/4 days, at least, as you just aren't eating. I ended up having to use the lactulose the hospital gave me on discharge as I was worrying a bit about not going.

Don't worry hun xx

thanks Angel,hows it going,? is it what you expected? x

Yes and no. I have days when I can eat close to the recommended amount (8 times a day) and others when I can only eat 3! It more the tiredness that is getting to me as I normally work 50hr wks and still got energy. I went back to work on tuesday and, between tues and yday, I have worked 6hrs but am EXHAUSTED!!! I guess my body will adjust to the lack of food eventually, just hope it before I go back to my other job (11 days).

On the plus side I lost just under 12lbs in 10days post op!

It is a bit up and down but haven't regretted it once!

dont over do it love , you need to recover from any surgery, more so this type , hope it settles soon for you x

Yh, it not hard at work at all. It just collecting the twins from school, making dinner and pack lunches, getting them bathed and ready for bed so nothing I wouldn't do for myself but it is just tiring!

You looking forward to yours? Bet you can't wait!

I would also say,you probably won,t need to go,until a few days after your op.but it really isn,t anything to worry about.I was out shopping 3 days after my op,as I felt great,so hopefully everything will go smoothly for you & you will be up & about,in no time.
Tracy

Starr, am quite amused by the whole 'bottom wiper' thing! Never knew they existed and when I first read your post the thoughts that sprang to mind!!! lol The main one being 'Well, a job's a job!' Lmao

i have been thinking this too and my date still months away. thanks for asking something i must probably would have been to enrvous too :)

angel, the bottom wiper has many uses,NOT,son used it as a back scratcher,hubby decided a" guess what this is game ", with his mates! and my daughter was just grossed out by the whole thing,dont know how shel cope with her new babys nappys when the bump arrives! ,lol ,,but happily it wont be used for wiping any bottoms ,now i know you all coped so well lol, ,PHEW!,ebay here we come ,unused ofcourse lol

I dont think on here there can be such a thing as a stupid question Starr.... i expect the majority of us have had similar thoughts and im sure all are/were nervous and impatient. I think any infornmation we can get is helpful.

Hope the time passes quickly and the bottom wiper isnt necessary :)

starr said:
angel, the bottom wiper has many uses,NOT,son used it as a back scratcher,hubby decided a" guess what this is game ", with his mates! and my daughter was just grossed out by the whole thing,dont know how shel cope with her new babys nappys when the bump arrives! ,lol ,,but happily it wont be used for wiping any bottoms ,now i know you all coped so well lol, ,PHEW!,ebay here we come ,unused ofcourse lol

This made me giggle xx

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Iv been talking to my boyfriend and best mate about this, as I always go and was really worried last thing u want when u just had an op, am gald ppl say u can still move around as much, iv been dying to ask, so thank u Starr for asking...

Haylz xx

i was seriously worried about it ! lol,so glad most people say its no problem,x i love this forum!

Back