• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Allergic to food and immune to diets: my gastric bypass story

phatgirl

Don't fear your scales! You are giving them too much power. If you exercise and spend 80% of the week following a good food plan you will get smaller so don't fear the scales. Any bit of burned fat is good no matter how small. Keep yourself focussed and do try to measure yourself, it really helps with morale when the pounds are slow coming off.

Keep up the good work!
Nic;)

Thaialina

Thank you all for your encouraging comments. I keep planning to measure myself but never seem to get around to it. Keep reminding me and I'll remember to squeeze it in eventually.
I overcame my scale phobia this morning. I have lost half a stone in 2 weeks and 4 days! Yipee! This stuff works. If I have calculated it correctly, I have now lost 50% of my excess weight, which is 4 and a half stones!
The seeds from the acupuncturist also seems to be working. I had crispbreads for lunch and breakfast and when I got in at 9 tonight I wasn't hungry! Very unlike me! I forced myselfto eat a jacket, cheese and green salad as I know I need the energy and nutrients, but I felt so stuffed! I could get used to this! Lol.

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Well done Sara, halfway is a brilliant feeling!

tendersage

i should start measuring as well, i just do not seem to get around to it, i will make that todays task! seeing as it snowed again last night, not deep just a thin layer but i wont go out unless it vanishes lol

Thaialina

Wedding plans coming along nicely

Hi everyone!
Well I'm just back from a weekend in Wales. Last week we finalised the booking for our reception venue, so now the fun starts. For Valentine's day we chose our rings. Welsh rose gold with "cariad" engraved into them. We've also sorted the invites, orders of service, favour boxes and thank you cards. I just need to decide on what to write inside them now. This week I'moff to browse at flowers and venue decorations and, hopefully, bridesmaids dresses.
As I have a lot more time I also want to go to the gym more. I now have a size 8-10 wedding dress that I need to shrink into and 25 weeks to do that in...it should be interesting!

tendersage

ohhh were abouts in Wales did you go? i lived in south Wales for 12 years, near neath and went to Swansea Uni.

Welsh gold is really nice, and sounds like you have a busy time ahead of you so losing those pounds should not be a problem :) of course the gym is going to help lol

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Aww Sara the rings sound beautiful. You're doing great and you'll achieve whatever you want to achieve.

Thaialina

Thanks both of you. I went to Caernarfon, North Wales, where I come from. Yesterday was a busy day as we went shopping for bridal flowers. I've made 63 buttonholes and 2 bridesmaid bouquets, so I'm very proud of myself! Tonight I may try to make my bouquet if I feel brave enough.

charliegirl

Sarah a wedding to follow on here how cool is that we will feel we are with you step by step....I am sure you will reach your target for your dress what a great reason to have to watch what you eat...look forward to following your progress...xx

tendersage

its lovely up there, and we are here to help you destress from the wedding arrangements as well as the weight loss, after all if we can distress you you wont go eating silly things will you :)

I am sure you will manage to lose the last bit needed to make your target

Thaialina

Thanks guys!

HC don't even mention the invitations - I haven't even sent them out yet. My friend's mum is making the invites, orders of service, thank you cards and favor boxes for me as a wedding present. She has already made some samples and they're lovely. She's now making them all so that I can send the invites asap!

On the flower front, I have made all the bouquets, buttonholes and five displays! I spent ages on them, but am surprised how easily I could turn my hand to it.
I've also picked up some edibles (chocolates and fortune cookies) to put in the favor boxes and even have ribbon and table decorations to use in the reception venue!

I haven't been on the scales as I haven't made it to the gym this week. Flower arranging has taken over my life! I've started to have a reoccuring problem with mys tomach though. Every few weeks I have to rush to the toilet, which I can cope with, but afterwards for a day or two my stomach feels really tender inside, like someone has riped my insides out. It makes me breathless and I have to sit down to ease the ache. It puts me off eating as when I eat it aggrivates it. Has anyone had this experience? I can cope with dumping once in a blue moon because I know if I lie down it will go away, but this is really annoying. Any ideas?

mandy-1975

Hi Hun.........

Sorry not spoke to you in a while, wedding plans sound great, and well done you making all the table decorations!!!!!

I have just turned my hand to knitting and making cards, I actually really enjoy it...........

As for the stomach problem I have that and actually today is my day for it..... not sure what it is, but i can completely sypthasie with you...

Hope to speak soon....

Your doing fab tooxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thaialina

Nice to hear from you Mandy. Yes it's quite nice to turn our hands to crafts every now and then. It's just a caseof making time for it myself!
I'm glad I'm not the only one who has this weird stomach thing. Do you find that it's triggered by anything? I'm going to see my GP next week so I might ask about it.

mandy-1975

No I can't say i can think of anythign that triggers mine off...... i just know its can be painful....... i get a bloated feeling, before hand then afterwards, have this complete emptyness does that make sense

shelbell

Proudly maintaining
Hi Sara,

Wedding plans sound great. It's fun when you get stuck in and hands on with it, I did that with mine and it made it really special.

No idea on the tummy front, does it tie in with your cycle at all?

Thaialina

Hello everybody!
The pastor lent me a book with wedding readings over the weekend and this afternoon I booked a harpist for the wedding so it's all coming together nicely.
I also made an effort to go to the gym again this afternoon and have bought a flask to take homemade vegetable soup to work with me in an attempt to eat less carbs. As much as I love my crispbread and philadelphia, I don't suppose it's doing me any good to have it every single day!!
I have kept away from the scales for a few weeks now with that time of month pending, so I'm even being good on that side of things. I just hope that all this effort works!