• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Allergic to food and immune to diets: my gastric bypass story

I am doing really well on the gym front, but am suffering big time today. Gordon made me do leg lifts and crouches with a ball after my cardio and weight machines to help me yesterday. I honestly thought that my legs wouldn't work when I got up this moring! Oh my God it hurt. Getting up, walking and bending over today has been a nightmare! I really hope that this pays off!!
I went to my GP who said she thought that my belly ache/emptiness/discomfort is dumping!! I told her that dumping is different so she had no idea. She recommended that I go back to my surgeon to find out...watch this space.
I'm really dead on my feet tonight.Life is so hectic at the minute. Thank crunchie it's Friday tomorrow!!

Hi Sara,

Hope the surgeon gets to the bottom of it. Glad the exercise is still going so well!

:clap: fantastic news Sara, well done :clap: won't be long till your BMI gets under 30 now :)

Hi Sara

just read your story, my what a journey you and Gordon have been through.
Keep up the great work. I'm only just on the referal stage. Its great to read others journey's
Keep going girl your'll get there for your wedding i'm sure. Reception sounds great just what i would have prefered.
Take care and well done again

Ali

well done sara the exercise is sure to help you get to your toarget

Sara, I'm new to the site this evening and have been having doubts about my upcoming bypass surgery. I came across your 1st post and shook my head, it all sounded very familiar!! Have you ever had the feeling that you couldn't continue your new regime with the bypass? Just curious. thanks for being an inspiration and here's to your very bright future!!

Wehey! I'm just about to change my weight loss ticker because I have lost 4 pounds!! So 53% of my excess weight gone!! I'm so pleased that all the exercise and healthy eating is paying off! I'm now 12 stone 10 - uder 13 stones at long last!!

Well done hun your doing fab, thanks for the texts too xxx

Hi Gaynor,
I'm glad you enjoyed reading about my experience. Thanks for the vote of confidence. Just come back from the gym now and did loads more than last time. I had jelly legs and a big, sweaty, red face, but hopefully I will fit into the dress. The clock's ticking! Lol.

I did so much at the gym today that I felt sick! This is, I guess, the price for wanting a normal body. I feel good once I've pushed myself though. Apparently I need to remember to breathe, but am finding it hard to do at the same time as exercising! Lol. I will hopefully master that art at some stage.
We went browsing for groom's suits yesterday and I'm sure that Gordon will look very handsome in his suit. I just need to make sure that I will look equally as nice in the dress. I will get there!

Hello everyone!
Guess what...I went to the gym again today. I feel like that's all I talk about on my thread these days!
I'm now managing to go to the gym 4 days a week and usually squeeze in a long walk with the dogs and a 20 minute session on my lateral thigh trainer once a week on the other days as well as a quarter of an hour walk at lunch time Monday to Friday. That's about all I can squeeze into my life. Is this enough? I'm keeping away from the scales until this weekend, but hope (please God) that I will see some more results. I've now built up to 20 mins on the cross trainer (hill programme, which I have worked up to a 229 calorie loss) and 10 minutes on the treadmill (doing 1 and a half mins running fast and the rest walking on a steep number 8 and speed 5). Then I do a few weight machines 20 pushes (for arms and legs), follwed by 20 sqats, arm lifts and arm pushes using the weight ball (which I now hate the thought of) and around 60 sit ups (involving lifting the ball from above my head to my knees etc) and leg lifts (scissors etc). This makes me sweat big time and I'm hoping that the sweat represents the fat pouring out! I physically can't fit any more in and have never trained like this in my life.
Food wise, I have been taking home made soup for lunch and having a healthy tea and breakfast, but this week I've taken veg and rice to have a change and to try to stop my body getting used to the same lunch and giving up on losing weight (this is what my body does to me- nasty belly).
If anyone has any more tips on how I can shed my weight to squeeze into my wedding dress in 21 weeks (tick tock) then please let me know.

Ive got no tips for you hun as it sounds like you are doing all the right things. Just be aware that as you are building muscle you may not shed as many pounds as you want to, but you will be getting your body into a nicer shape by being so toned. You should perhaps be concentrating on inch loss rather than weight loss whilst you are training so hard.

This is why i am considering Pilates its all about toning now building muscle. Scared of doing it though, not done any before and am not really wanting to do a group exercise. Keep looking at the DVD's and equipment and wondering which ones to get and if i get them if i will do it right.

Back