• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Emmabeee - Gastric Bypass - My Day by Day Updates.

Glad to hear your moving forward...

Hi Emma..
I have only just joined this group like "yesterday" and are currently finding my way around.."Well done" and taking such a big step and like you weight has ruled my life since year dot and like you I want more.Have just been told I have a 12 month wait for surgery OR I will need to fund it myself.Have so many different "If's and but's" spinning in my head and generally feel "I'm not worth" the cost if I want to go private but that said another 12 months JUST to wait also bugs me..Nothing in life is easy BUT if it means moving forward I think I will grab it..Did you have problems getting insurance??

Regards
Mark

Hi Emma..
I have only just joined this group like "yesterday" and are currently finding my way around.."Well done" and taking such a big step and like you weight has ruled my life since year dot and like you I want more.Have just been told I have a 12 month wait for surgery OR I will need to fund it myself.Have so many different "If's and but's" spinning in my head and generally feel "I'm not worth" the cost if I want to go private but that said another 12 months JUST to wait also bugs me..Nothing in life is easy BUT if it means moving forward I think I will grab it..Did you have problems getting insurance??

Regards
Mark

Hiya welcome to minimins,

I paid for my bypass myself, i would have been wayyyyy to impatient to wait years for an op.

I have any regrets apart from 1, wishing i had made the decision to do it sooner.

This site is amazing, everyone is fantastically supportive, and help u tho the tough days.

Any questions u need answering i will do best i can. I healed quite quickly really, losing weight and feeling great xx

LOL Emma i lived right near the sailors Return for a number of years, worked on shirley high street until i had my son. Small world. And thank you for not recognising me LMAO its taking me a while to believe i look good, for me that has been the hardest part about this. I know people keep saying i look good ect but undoing four decades of negativity about my looks is not something i will achieve overnight. Its really been bought home to me this week though, to have not just one person stop and say i look good means to believe as well

Hi Emma, you have done really well. I have just joined minis but have been reading for a while. I weigh the same as you did at the beginning of your weight loss journey. I too was bullied at school and even now if anyone says I look nice I find it very difficult to accept after all those years. I am waiting to hear if the PCT will fund me having a bypass, been waiting since before Christmas. After putting a thread on here everyone has advised me to get in touch with the PCT so emailed them yesterday. My mum and my twin sister are not very keen on me having the surgery I think they are scared I will die. My husband is being very supportive, I have done so much research I am just ready to have it done now.

Hi Sharron nice to meet you,

Having this bypass surgery is by far the best thing i could have ever done. My family were exactly the same,all very concerned and worried about me, but then so would we be if it were someone we cared about too.

I will keep my fingers crossed for you, hope you hear something soon. I now exactly how you feel, it is horrible and really sad living this way, wondering if the people you know that care about you and love you are just saying these things just to keep up your spirits, or saying nice things because their family and they have to, also thinking that anyone that even glances at you for just a split second is thining lots of negative things about you. I know those feeling all to well!

I am really starting to feel the benefits from my weightloss now, last weekend i went to the very hilly isle of wight, and walked up a steep hill easy peasy,my mum bless her had trouble keeping up with me. Pre op i would have said to everyone i will meet you here at the bottom and sit miserable and lonely on my own until everyone returned. NOT ANY MORE!

Hi tendersage,
Sorry i not been online in ages. It is a very small world! And yes U do look fantastic, what an amazing tranformation!

I gave in to temptation yesterday and went and got some smaller clothes, I have gone down 4 dress sizes already, OMG i can't believe it, bye bye size 28 and hello 18/20 WHOOP WHOOP.

OK FAMILY AND FRIENDS, i believe you now! I really have lost a lot!

ROFL emma its so hard to actually believe them is it not. Well done on the new shrinking you

You have done really well with your weight loss. I bet that felt fantastic going and getting smaller clothes and not just one or two sizes smaller. Well done. Take care.

Yay, excellent. :D

I gave in to temptation yesterday and went and got some smaller clothes, I have gone down 4 dress sizes already, OMG i can't believe it, bye bye size 28 and hello 18/20 WHOOP WHOOP.

OK FAMILY AND FRIENDS, i believe you now! I really have lost a lot!

WOW Emma, you are doing so well. 52lb in just over 2 months is incredible. Well done you xx

Hi strangers, I am still alive. Not been online in ages, sorry. I am in middle of moving house, 300 miles southwards, back home to Southampton. Sooooo excited i can't wait.

I am a new person now, Ditched the useless guy, and moving back home, i am absolutely buzzing.

Just weighed myself and after 5 months i am now 18st 6lb. I am over the moon. Never again will i be seen over 20 stone. Yeeeee Haaaaaa
Size 18 already too, bye bye size 28, not gonna miss ya

Back