• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Emotions all over the place

Sparkle-k

I'm 5 days post-op and I think I'm recovering really well, but, for some reason today I'm so emotional and tearful :(

My stomach and incisions are healing great and the wind pain in my shoulder has eased up but I keep getting really really nauseous and feeling very sick. I haven't been sick at all, but until the feeling passes I feel terrible. Did anyone else get that?

My appetite has not returned yet, although my stomach is rumbling like crazy i just don't fancy anything at all. Perhaps no food is making me emotional!!

Anyway, since the start of my pre-op diet i have lost 1 stone 3 pounds so that's cheered me up although hardly noone knows what I've had done so I don't really have anyone to talk to :( And I feel quite alone.

Sorry had to tell someone what I'm feeling

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi kim here new to the site i think sometimes when you have had surgery after a few days you can get tearful any way somebody on this forum will get in touch with you good luck on your weightloss journey

Don't apologise for going through what most of us probably did! I know I did the day after surgery, but it's short lived. Just look forward to the new you :)
Even though you don't feel like eating you must follow your diet sheet to get the best from your surgery, and to keep the mind focused on eating properly and not the nasty little demons that keep gnawing away at us :flamingmad:

Awh hon *sends hugs*

I went through a really terful phase - in fact, I went through a few *lol* I think it's the effect of the anesthetic, and the surgery in general. Don't feel bad about it - in fact, I ended up watching soppy movies to let it all come out :)

Luckily I didn't feel sick at any point - my biggest problem was the shoulder pain, couldn't do anything for about three days (including sleep!) but Windeze and stretching finally sorted it out for me :)

Just make sure you have enough liquids - I know it can get pretty tedious so do try to have different things and change between hot and cold drinks and sweet and savoury. I found that was the real key to ensuring I stayed hydrated enough!

Hi

Oh dear, youve got the post op blues :hug99: its perfectly normal but will soon pass!

Re the feeling sick, I did get that too - it was because I wasnt consuming enough calories. I know you said you dont really fancy much but you must try.

My favourites were:

Innocent smoothies - kids size were perfect.
A ready made slimfast on ice, sipped.
Small yoghurty shakes.

Take care and keep posting x

hi spark, its defo post op blues. im struggling with consuming enough calories (not that im counting atm) but i think we should be realistic and listen to our bodies, variety as one poster said breaks the monotoney of just fluids, however, when your feeling nauseaous its difficult to try. my stomach rumbles embarresingly loud yet i dont feel hungry but am aware i need more fuel to ensure i function right. im still only on veg oxo, nas squash, blk coffee and teas but have dropped the 1 per day slim fast after 2 days? dnt kno why. listen to your body, keep up to date with the mine feild of helpful posts on here and you'll be fine anything more serious consult your practitioners. all the best, we're doing fine, roll on summer :)

Hi hun, sending you hugs xxx

hope ur feelin better soon remember to try and drink ur fluids

Thanks everyone. I think it is the effects of surgery and the fact that I haven't consumed enough liquids that has made me both tearful and nauseous. Today is the first day that I thought 'what the hell have I done' but I only thought it coz I've been up all night feeling sick. I know it will pass.

Today I've had a mug of tea, glass of nas, a small banana smoothie and some water (not alot but already more than yesterday). I've got myself ready, makeup and everything (first time this week) and am going out for a few hours. I feel much better already. I just hope the horrid nauseous feeling leaves me alone tonight :) x

I didn't have the post op blues but know they are very common & luckily short lived, so you should feel fine soon. :wave_cry: I also found it difficult to eat as felt nauseous even thinking about eating but it does get better. I froze some banana Slimfast in an ice cube tray & they were delicious ... just make sure you are drinking enough & the rest will follow xxx :)

Last edited:
Ask your chemist for some Motillium 10 to take care of the nausea or, better still ask your doctor for a prescription - think the proper name is domperidom or something similar. They always work for me and I had them both after my gastric band and also following bypass.

Hope you feel better soon sweetheart. Oh yes, for the wind pain there is nothing better than Windeze :)

Thanks josie, I'll go to the chemist and gets some of that. The nauseous feeling is very horrible isn't it!! X

Hi sparkle k I am in the same boat as u. Can't shift the wind out of my stomach and feel nausea too. But need to up my liquid intake.2 cups of pepermint tea can't be enough! I keep thinking this time next month ll be a distant memory :)

It's really hard to have any liquids when u feel so nauseous....BUT I have just finished half a can of WW chicken soup (put through a sieve) and I can honestly say I enjoyed it. We will get there in the end :) x

Back