• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Endoscopy?

gemma-lou88

hey everyone, i was just wondering how long people waited for there endoscopy, the surgeon told me around 6 weeks but i know waiting times change, does anyone know the current waiting time with SRH? any help appreciated :) xx

I had mine at xmas - I'd waited 6 weeks but had to turn the 1st date down so 7 weeks in the end x

ok thank you, iv been waiting near enough 6 weeks, so hopefully it should be due soon :) xx

I guess its different for your hospital but at mine I saw my surgeon in January and booked my endoscopy myself the day I met my surgeon ... so I had it yesterday so that was about 4-6 weeks ish I can't remember Xx

Sent from my HTC Hero using WLSurgery

i think mine was about 8 weeks at sunderland that as in october and i have my surgery this friday, good luck it will soon be here xx

rang sunderand, they had lost my referral AGAIN but said they would sort it asap x

That happened with mine too - I ended up having to ring them 3 times! Won't be long hun x

Why do you have to have an endoscopy? I am paying privately and no one has suggested me having one. Is it only NHS patients that have them?

Thinmk it was to check that you don't have any problems with inflammation or ulcers etc they won't book your op at SRH till they check it out if you have put you on stomach tablets to settle it down i had 2 (sorry) just had sites of inflamation even though i didn;t have heartburn etc also looking for hiatus hernias think it was once thats done youre basically put forward for list ask to be on cancellation list its coming upto holiday season and people do cancel for op and endoscopy just be prepared they will ring. good luck. Thsi time last year i had my first one and i had op last August x

Back