• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

enough to eat?

JOWOOD4

Been to docs about sore throat and nothing for it but to hope it passes by next week. Its a virus so I cant have any antibiotics. Doc advises to call the surgery off if I dont feel 100% :cry::cry:
Thinking back I have always had this when cutting food intake right down. Always felt so unwell on Lighter life and Cambridge. Does that happen to anyone else? Will I be able to eat enough after the band had been fitted do you think? sorry but my head is all over the place tonight
JO XX

I was totally paranoid about catching a cold or something which would delay my op. Here are some ideas: Gargle with TCP, dope self up with lemsips, take echinacea, use carvol. Maybe eat asome more nourishing food as your system doesn't seem to be able to be able to fight off bugs etc. I also used vitamin c fizzy tablets as well as multivits. I hope that you get better soon

Also as you have a few days b4 op don't panic, colds etc are usually over the worst in 3 days or so. Also, when I was panicking about this a wise person (Liz2008 I think)told me that as it is viral it doesn't matter that much as it won't infect like a bacterial infection.

Thank you Jenni
Will try all of those things. Its a real bummer when you are getting yourself geared up for the big day. Many thanks for your support XX

yeah ive been worried about getting an infection, my 3yr old has a chest infection, cold, and conjunctivitis, its getting better now, but ive worried about catching any of it!

my very 1st op attempt back in 2005 was cancelled as i had a bad cold, i was in gown ready to go to theatre, and the aneathnatist cancelled as its not good for when ventalated, i was only delayed by 1 month.

liz x

I have never been so pleased to get a chest infection as I am now. I knew it would arrive at this time of year as it always does due to the change of weather.Its happened every year for the last 10 so it was expected. The reason I'm happy about it is because I'm now on a course of anti biotics so my chest will be in good form for my op.

Back