• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Epic fail....help advice and guidance pls

jj87

So ive only been managing two shakes and 2liters of water the last 3day and tonight I lost my mind and ate the world.... So can I pull it back. Ive ment to be having 5shakes 2liters and a salty drink... I jst can't seem to drink 5shkaes.... Any help welcomed please x

Hey JJ, i know i couldn't survive on shakes.. maybe you could call your dietitian and ask if you're able to do the real food, low cal pre op diet? I think the best you can do is get back on it as soon as possible and get in contact with your team to tell them you're struggling and ask about your other options. I know everyone and every hospital is different but the hospital I'm at gave us a booklet with a choice of 5 pre op diets so i'm sure one cant do more harm than any of the others. But i would definitely check with your team to make sure

I know I've replied on another post @jj87 but to @_Victoria_ too you HAVE to stick to your pre op diet and you HAVE to stick with your post op diet too, which will definitely be liquids (or shakes) as well.

Not being able to survive on shakes or liquids doesn't bode well for your post op compliance.

Sorry if this sounds harsh but you can't pick and choose unless you are given that option.

We have had members who have ended up with no surgery because their liver wasn't shrunk, we have also had members who didn't follow the pre-op, had the surgery and continued doing what they thought was best and were upset because they didn't get where they wanted to be weight wise.

Oh for sure. I agree 100%. I'm not actually at the pre op stage yet, just on the waiting list. I fully intend to stick to it. But i've already been to the informatin seminar for my surgery and they've given us a booklet with a choice of 5 pre op diets and informed us (all at the seminar) that we can actually switch between diets on a daily basis. One day you can do milk, the next shakes, the next real food and so on. Just as long as you stick to one per day.
I wasn't suggesting JJ just decide to do her own diet. I was just saying that IF her team say she's allowed to switch from shakes to real food that would be great and that i couldn't see why they would see it as a problem because all 5 do the same thing.
The only reason i say i couldn't live on just shakes is because i couldn't only have sweet things. But fluids generally like water and NAS squash and even broth (because its savory) i'd be perfectly fine with. I wouldn't be considering having surgery at all if i didn't think i would cope with the aftermath and have already reached all of my weight loss targets set by my team. I'm not expecting an easy fix or that i can just do what i want and still lose a load of weight.

As @Mazza said, if you don't stick to the pre op diet they may well cancel your surgery, it could be really dangerous to go ahead
Ring your team, ask for help, thats what they are there for x
Tell the truth, you really do have to be honest with them x
Yh spoke with them today. All is cool... Let's hope this liver shrinks

Yh better but jst stressed now that ive fluffed it up. U?

Its so boring the pre op diet and the bad breath is kicking in :(

I am fed up of this diet so looking forward to op.

Have my pre op tomorrow at 10am eekkk

Have u had urs?

Xx

Its so boring the pre op diet and the bad breath is kicking in :(

I am fed up of this diet so looking forward to op.

Have my pre op tomorrow at 10am eekkk

Have u had urs?

Xx
Yh had mine. Afew test and thats it really. Ovbs talk Bout the op.. Roll on Tuesday. Still stressing about my liver....

Yh had mine. Afew test and thats it really. Ovbs talk Bout the op.. Roll on Tuesday. Still stressing about my liver....

I am sure you will be fine babe, it take 3 days to get into ketois (strink liver) soo pleaseeee dont cheat from now till op.

My pre op was a nightmare (see my other post) - but I am still looking forward to just having it done xxxx

But i've already been to the informatin seminar for my surgery and they've given us a booklet with a choice of 5 pre op diets and informed us (all at the seminar) that we can actually switch between diets on a daily basis. One day you can do milk, the next shakes, the next real food and so on. Just as long as you stick to one per day.
HI all,
I thought it was worth mentioning that every provider is different. Mine for example states that once a LRD has been chosen, then we cannot stitch at any point.
Didn't want somebody reading this post and thinking switches are standard or accepted for everybody.
@jj87 hope everything is OK. Have you had your op yet?
x

HI all,
I thought it was worth mentioning that every provider is different. Mine for example states that once a LRD has been chosen, then we cannot stitch at any point.
Didn't want somebody reading this post and thinking switches are standard or accepted for everybody.
@jj87 hope everything is OK. Have you had your op yet?
x
Yh had the op... Its all good

How the weight loss going bbe? U in much pain? Hope ur resting up xxx i am near enough recovered now xx
Hey. Yh all in all I'm down 20lbs now.. Feeling good. Still abit sore and gassy but generally I'm happy. And u. GlD to hear your well.. X

Hey. Yh all in all I'm down 20lbs now.. Feeling good. Still abit sore and gassy but generally I'm happy. And u. GlD to hear your well.. X

Soo pleased for you!! Great news - its so nice that pain is reducing - 20lbs is amazing!! Is that since u started pre op? Xxxx

Back