• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Epiphany - 13 months post band

Crazy Lady

I had my band 13 months ago and my weight loss has been slow and not what I was hoping for. I only weigh at the band fill clinic and do not have have scales at home. However, I am now comfortably wearing a size 14 which I haven't done for a few years, apart from for a few months when on Lighter Life 5 years ago. As a lot of us know the LL weight loss is hard to sustain.

I work as a forensic nurse in police custody suites, travelling between custodies as needed and so the other morning at the end of a 12 hour night shift I had my epiphany and this is what I realized.

I started the night shift at 18.00 and from 18.30 I had people trying to feed me.

18.30 - Custody 1 - coffee and fig rolls offered

19.30 a family size bag of maltesers appeared on the desk

22.30 Custody 2 - coffee, biscuits and cake offered

00.30 police shift in the station for tea break with offers of:
Crumpets, toast, chocolate sponge cake, Jaffa cake bars

01.30 sandwiches and sausage rolls on offer

03.00 back in custody 1 and offers of chicken burgers with bacon and cheese.

Fortunately I never made it to the custody with the 24 hour Tesco opposite.

Pre-band I would never have accepted all those offers of food but I certainly would have indulged in some of the food on offer.

I also got to thinking of other events which have occurred in the 13 months since my band which could have had adverse effects on my weight:

16 nights holiday in the USA - came back weighing 3lbs less than when I went
The passing of my lovely Dad - I would have comfort eaten
Christmas - would normally have over indulged to excess
14 nights in Egypt All Inclusive - the chance to over indulge
Easter - chocolate overdose
3 trips to Cyprus to stay with friends (where previously I have gained up to 7lbs in a week)
2 emergency de-fills following being over exuberant when getting fills

So I have realized that whilst I am not yet where I want to be with my weight loss I would be in a far larger size than if I hadn't got my band and I can go to the gym and workout comfortably with and without the personal trainer

With this realization I now feel better about myself.
Onwards and upwards!!:flirt2:

It sounds to me as though you are living your life to the full whilst being realistic. Life can't stop, you haven't gained and there is no yo yo dieting.

You know what you need to do now, go for it!

Great to have that moment to reflect ... Its about living life, enjoying it, and the realisation of where we could have been without the band ... Whoop whoop :D

Back