• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Heimlich & the Band

Mynewlife

Bit of a strange one, but then that's me. If someone with a band swallows something and it gets stuck, can the heimlich be performed on them? If there is a nurse or any medical professional out there in weight loss surgery land, would you know if this would damage the band - to have this kind of thing performed on you?
Also, would it have the same results as someone who doesnt have the band? I know this is really a strange question, and only something I could come up with :D
MNL

Good point. Don't know the answer though, I'm having a medicare bracelet but would prefer that any choking was stopped B4 someone bothered to read it.

Hiya
I think the bracelet is a good idea. I was given two cards to carry on me when I had my band fitted and I carry one in my purse, but what if I dont have my purse on me and I am hit by a bus:wave_cry:. I was even thinking of have a tattoo done on the port scar that says, watch out band fitted (lol).
MNL:)

Good point. Don't know the answer though, I'm having a medicare bracelet but would prefer that any choking was stopped B4 someone bothered to read it.

sorry but i had to laugh at that :) you would hope so wouldnt you?!!!! and i love the tattoo idea! x

I dont know where I come up with such strange scenarios, I think I must have some really vivid dreams - or possibly the side effects from the drugs I take (he he).

MNL;)

Back