• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

ERRMMM>>>>

laurajlucy

I am nearly 4 weeks post-op and my wounds are healing really well. The scabs have all fallen off and they look neat BUT one of them has what I thought was a piece of hard skin, hanging off. Yet when I went to pull it off, it grew!! :eek: Now, after a closer look, it seems more like a piece of string and if I give it a gentle pull, it is as if it's attatched internally!
Any ideas??? xx

Is it maybe a piece of an internal stitch that is sticking out or something? I'd try not to tug on it too much...

No-but leave it alone !!!!

kellie it does sound like an internal desolving stiych, i am not or claim to be a doctor , but i would get intouch with your team,or as joffy says go to your local walk in center. good luck with that, and i know its hard to stop checking but leave well alone hunny.x

Thanks all. Does not help that I am a natural 'picker'! Have stuck a dressing on it till I go docs on Tuesday. Out of sight, out of mind as they say! xx

Yep I had this when I was cut having my daughter, just internal stitches that have started coming out of your body mine were doing this for 6 months (thought they were dissolving me thinks not :) ) don't pull it, harder said then done, just show them to doctor when you are there. Just keep them covered for infections x

Looks weird coz it has frayed now! Am literally fit to burst at the seems haha! x

Hi Laura, Ive had exactly the same. Went and got it checked out by my team and they werent overly concerned and told me that dissolvable stitches can take between 6 - 12 weeks to dissolve. Within a week of getting it checked (4 weeks post op) it had disappeared. My incision sites are looking great all healed and with just a tiny little bit of scab left to drop off!!!

Its not your vest unravelling, is it Kellie, lol? :eek::eek::eek:
An internal stitch is the most likely ... I would clip it off so it is not catching on things & just leave it to heal naturally. mwah xxx :):)

Back