• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Urgent advice needed please..

Hiya.. I got an appointment on july 2nd for first x-ray fill to my band.. but I got a problem am hoping someone can advise me on.. As most banders will know - there are 5 wounds.. one of which is on left hand side and away from the other main 4 wounds.. this is the one which is giving me concern..

For the last week or so, I've had what I assumed to have been a small piece of 'scab' still attached to the wound.. but upon closer inspection by OH last night.. it ISN'T scab.. :confused:

It appears to be a loop of internal staple coming through/growing out.. :eek: there is no sign of pus or swelling or infection, doesn't feel hot to touch and rest of scar hasn't changed colour..

I know if I were to go to GP - there would probably be little he could do, don't know if A & E would do anything hence asking for advice here.. At the minute - its still uncovered but am being very careful to make sure what I wear - doesnt touch it so nothing can 'pull' it or catch it..

What is likely to happen on Thursday? I really don't want to end up going back in to sort this but know it can't be left, had contemplated ringing the hospital but don't know if there would be anything they would actually be able to do.. god my head is so messed right now.. sorry if am rambling.. :sigh:

>> goes off to sit in my corner n rock with my thumb in my mouth :cry:

Yes, ring the hospital, you don't want to be worrying about it and, if you are anything like me, poking at it.

Great weightloss so far - good for you x

Yes def ring the hospital today for advice xxx

hiya..

right.. have rung S.R.H and soke to dr on call on the ward I was on..

been advised to goto trwatment nurse at GP surgery 2moro morning and have her assess whether she'd be able to remove it safely - and check the rest of wounds.. as long as no discomfort, no pus and no signs of infection then should be fine..

if nurse is unable to remove (and providing above still applies) then am ok to hang on til thursday and she'll make staff am seeing on thurs - aware that have rung and why..

<< head still feels 'shot'.. but goin for lie down.. heat getting to me n need to relax n stop stressing.. will let you know how it goes 2moro..

thanks to everyone.. you're brill, yanno that..

hi mands i had a bit of my internal stitching thread poke through from one of my scars that in time just dropped off. Ive had this from surgery in the past on my wrist and got told to just carry on applying the bio oil which i did and again that dropped off.
hope it is just something like this
carole

this happened to me also on both occasions, they usually just drop off in there own time, they will probably remove it with a pair of tweezer type things if its visable. xxx

Don't worry, if they thought there was a problem they would have told you to go back to the hosptial straight away to get it checked out.

x

Urgent advice needed * Update*

Hi everyone..

firstly thanks for all advice and best wishes..

After speaking to on call dr yesterday at S.R.H - did as advised and rung surgery this morning. Got apointment and went down.

Nurse was surprised to see me as there had been no issues when had been going to see her for wounds redressed, explained why was there and showed her the wound on left side. She agreed it it suture she could see and was unsure as to best way to proceed - so rung one of the Dr's to come through and take a look and adivse..

He was busy with a patient so off I went back to waiting room to get called back in,.. after 10 mins or so, we went back in.. nurse explained about the op and why was there.. he took one look at it and said 'sorry but am not prepared to touch it, not sure what the sutures are attached to underneath and dont want to pull on your skin or cause more discomfort to you. As it isn't infected and no signs of swelling or pus etc, will put a light dressing on it to ensure it doesn't catch on your clothing but think it best it is dealt with on thursday when you go back to the hospital'

so there we go.. I left with a premapore dressing over it and a spare for after shower between now and thurs.. rang S.R.H and tried to check with Kim (bariatric nurse) that message had been passed on from yesterday - no answer so left message and as yet - no return call..

soooooooooo.. now I sit and wait for thurs n hope it is easily dealt with once am there... once again ladies.. thank you for your advice, support and best wishes

means a lot
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Back