• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Evening

duncan

Hi peeps,
Just thought id say hi. My name is Lindsey married to Steve have 2 kids 12 and 10, numerous animals and also foster dogs.
I have an appointment on Fri to see a surgeon to have band revision surgery. I hope he will agree it and all goes to plan asap I cant wait to get this damn band out. I was banded in Dec 14 and all was going well until about March. I had lost about 2.5 stone but have gained about 1 stone back my bmi is around35. I am keen to read all your experiences and also would I need to do lsd diet again?.

What happened to your band to make you want to revise already? Is there no way to save it rather than revise? I revised to bypass after 8 years of having my band but it was beyond saving. Good luck with your journey x

Nothing medically as far as I know has gone wrong. I have been toing and froing back and forth for fills and defills. Everyday is different for me, I can eat somethings and then the next day I cant, everyday I throw up, I can only eat soft stuff, the heat is testing for me and also having a period is tough, that and the heat make it someday impossible to eat, even with the band empty I can struggle, my diet is far from healthy to say the least as theres an awful lot of foods I cant eat.

Nothing medically as far as I know has gone wrong. I have been toing and froing back and forth for fills and defills. Everyday is different for me, I can eat somethings and then the next day I cant, everyday I throw up, I can only eat soft stuff, the heat is testing for me and also having a period is tough, that and the heat make it someday impossible to eat, even with the band empty I can struggle, my diet is far from healthy to say the least as theres an awful lot of foods I cant eat.

Hi Lyndsey

have you ever had a barium X-ray of what is happening ? I am like Caroline and revised after nearly 8 years. As part of diagnostics I had a barium X-ray where they could see my band had a very fine tipping point between being able to eat anything and not being able to even get water in. My band also used to self-tighten with no apparent reason, and it wasn't just extra restriction for a few hours it was permanent and required an emergency unfil each time. I had developed band induce reflux so it had to go. Had that not been the case I could have tried fills under X-ray so they could get it just right.

If your band can be a problem empty though then having fills isn't going to help your situation at all. Really hope you get some answers.

Hi Lyndsey

have you ever had a barium X-ray of what is happening ? I am like Caroline and revised after nearly 8 years. As part of diagnostics I had a barium X-ray where they could see my band had a very fine tipping point between being able to eat anything and not being able to even get water in. My band also used to self-tighten with no apparent reason, and it wasn't just extra restriction for a few hours it was permanent and required an emergency unfil each time. I had developed band induce reflux so it had to go. Had that not been the case I could have tried fills under X-ray so they could get it just right.

If your band can be a problem empty though then having fills isn't going to help your situation at all. Really hope you get some answers.

Hi Weegie.

No I havn't it isn't something that has been mentioned to me. I think I have just resigned myself to the fact the band isn't going to work, and the frustration, it doesn't seem to be consistent.

Hi Weegie. No I havn't it isn't something that has been mentioned to me. I think I have just resigned myself to the fact the band isn't going to work, and the frustration, it doesn't seem to be consistent.

I am not sure any wls is actually what you would call consistent but a band certainly isn't. My first year was full of frustration but I went on to lose over 9 stone. It just seems a bit early to have given up on your band iyswim. You went through all that surgery it would be a shame to not get anything for it. Anyway it is something worth considering. I was self funded and had to pay for my own fills as at the time there was no care package, and I spent literally thousands chasing fills unfills. Had I known what was possible under X-ray I may have saved myself a lot of that and a lot of misery. Don't get me wrong nothing is a magic bullet but as I said worth considering or asking your provider about given your problems.

I really wish you the best of luck with it. Hugx

I am not sure any wls is actually what you would call consistent but a band certainly isn't. My first year was full of frustration but I went on to lose over 9 stone. It just seems a bit early to have given up on your band iyswim. You went through all that surgery it would be a shame to not get anything for it. Anyway it is something worth considering. I was self funded and had to pay for my own fills as at the time there was no care package, and I spent literally thousands chasing fills unfills. Had I known what was possible under X-ray I may have saved myself a lot of that and a lot of misery. Don't get me wrong nothing is a magic bullet but as I said worth considering or asking your provider about given your problems.

I really wish you the best of luck with it. Hugx

Thanks Weegie x

Thanks Weegie x

You're welcome, I meant to add it is of course a diagnostic tool to see what is going on so not purely as a fill mechanism. It may also highlight any problem with how your band is sitting etc.

Back