• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gastric band removal

ki-ki

Hello,

I have all the symptoms of gastric band erosion and am worried my band will need to come out. I'm 3 years in and 5 stone down (from 12.13 to 8.12), and although my band can be tricky with several fills and defills it was the best thing I've ever done. I'm still paying my band off and terrified of the costs of revision / removal. My only option would be to have the band removed and hope that I can maintain my weight with healthy eating and exercise.

If my band has to come out for health reasons would the NHS pay for this? I'm guessing it's dangerous to have an eroding band in my stomach?

Thanks!

Hi
Hi ki ki I got help with a slipped band on the NHS and if you read Kurstys diary they have just removed hers and I also have a friend who has had hers taken out as well. They have a duty of care if it is a medical necessity ask your gp to refer you to a a team and they will probably start by giving you a barium swallow to see what's happening. I've had ongoing problems and am now going to have to take a loan to have a private conversion to a sleeve. Good luck let me know how you get on whereabouts in the country are you? Xx

Back