• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Everything you hate about bein g fat and were afraid to say.

I hated always feeling like i was less of a person just because I was fat
I hate hearing comments and peoples sniggers..
I hated summer days when my legs and under my boobs would get so sore.
I hated the fact that I had to pay twice as much for my clothes.
I hated going swimming as people would stare as I entered the pool.
Hated going through turnstyles as I always got stuck.

I am now loving the new me ;o)
not where I wanna be but I sure don't think I am going to e hating all those thing's this summer!!!!

I hate when people say "but you have a pretty face"

I hate when people say mean things about me to my kids

I hate being preconceived as lazy

I hate my face sweating like I'm a tap

I hate shopping at Evans

I hate going to Florida and not going on rides

I hate people thinking it is easy to lose weight

I love changing my life to make all these hates disappear

Great Thread!

I hate all the above plus

I hate going into Tesco and having people stare at whats in the trolley... If it's healthy they stare cos they assume you're on a diet and if its not healthy they stare cos they assume you're not on a diet..We cant win.

I also hate always wondering what people think of me because of my size :(

Where to start??
I hate clothes shopping

I hate struggling to even put my own bra on

I hate not being able to use tampons cos I can't reach

I hate not being able to tye my shoes without nearly killing myself

I hate feeling knackered from the slightest exertion

I hate going to a new place in case the chairs have arms

I hate saying that I don't want to do things that I want to do really but my fat stops me

I hate thinking about fat stuff and diets every moment of every day

I hate having to take the lift at college cos the stairs kill me

I hate it when my husband puts his arm around me in bed and I cringe when his hand touches my stomach

I can't wait for this all to change

i hate the fact that i actually look more pregnant than a pregnant woman. does that make sense?

i hate the sweat (everywhere!!) and the chaffing.

all of your notes were spot on. fat does hinder everything. and i hate that when you go to the drs they ALWAYS have to blame whatever you are feeling on being 'obese'.

i have been heavy or should i say overweight since forever. i tried every single diet. lately I spent a fortune on a hypnotherapist - do not even consider it - it is a total waste of money and a load of bull. lighterlife has screwed me up big time - i gained more than i lost so not only am I back to square one, but i am worse off. but boohoo, sh*t happens i guess.

keep these messages coming - you are all so special. what a great network xxx

i just hated me, i hated my life and what id become i became a depressive recluse, i hated going out side i hated mixing with people at social events i generally hated leaving the house as ppl were so dam nasty, now its not the case i get treat as an equal, why tho ? im still liz inside why was i seen as a nobody then but a somebody now ? im still liz, just lighter so thats my biggest pet hate how people judge and make assumptions about another human being just because of there size.

You've hit the nail on the head! It took me a long time, and further spell of depression to get my head round the fact that people think i'm better now cause i'm thinner, I was always me, why am I more acceptable now! Thankfully i've realised what a terrible world we live in, hence one of the reasons for having a gastric bypass...to become more acceptable, which crazily I now am!

Oh my where to start!

I hate that people think it's ok to comment on my weight usually at full volume.
I hate that I have to check out places to go eat/drink to make sure the seats aren't attached to the tables or have arms on the chairs.
I hate the sweating and chaffing.
I hate not being able to hop on a bus in case it has a rail down the middle of the entrance that I have to squeeze past.
I hate that in a crowded room I feel like I am taking up too much space.
I hate that I have to worry about staying in hotels in case the beds won't hold me/ the bathrooms are too small to move in.
I hate that because I am fat people assume I am thick and lazy also.
I hate that I don't want to post my pic on facebook and forums I am in because I don't want my old school friends / new online friends to see how big i am.

Most of all I hate that I have allowed other peoples negativity get me to the size I have which is mostly caused by being too scared of people and their comments to go out.

I hate meeting people from my past, who see how fat I have become and comment on it. Or worse, don't say anything and give the pitying look.

I absolutely HATE that some people think that having weight loss surgery is the 'easy option'. How can resorting to surgery ever be an easy option?

People who look into my shopping trolley in Sainsburys.

Being stared at in restaurants or McDonalds, like I am a heroin user jacking up in public.

What a great thread :) I agree with eveything you are all saying:

- Clothes shopping
- The slapping noise my stomach makes (particularly during sex) :eek::eek:
- Having to wear big ugly pants
- Having to wear even bigger uglier bras, cos I can't afford to pay £30 quid for each one
- The way people look at me when I dance (although I am fat, I am actually very fit & can dance for hours on end without a break)
- How I can't eat the smallest sweet, chocolate bar, slither of cake etc without the sympathy/pity looks

Tink75 - my hubby said he wanted to go to Florida again & I refused to go until I had the surgery for exactly the same reasons... had the op in September 09 & we go in May 2010 :D Can't wait!

Scooby - I also hated in bed my hubby trying to cuddle me & I would move his hand to an area of my body where he wouldn't feel the fat :( He also hated it, cos he thought it meant something it didn't

Tyraboots - This is my new hate about fat. What is the "easy option" about weight loss surgery? Why is it that taking control of my weight, by having surgery is deemed as cheating? Surely I should be congratulated that I have taken such a huge step, faced my demons & had the balls to do something - not criticised for it :sigh:

ejc

I hate the words "excuse me" and "i'm sorry"

I hate the thought the people think you are fat because you overeat, not necessarily the case.
I hate that i cant get knee lengh boots.
I hate toilets in pubs that are too small.
I hate the fact that people think fat people dont work.

But I love the fact that I have found this site and I am going to get weight loss surgery.

still an excellent thread x

Static caravan bathrooms !!! how small are they yes I am a haven fan but come on I need a tin opener to get in and out.

Tell you what there must be a comedien that would love all our experiences they would make a fortune. (honest we will find these funny when we are thinner)
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

oh yes, another couple of things:

sharing a seat on the train and let's face it, ones bum not fitting entirely on your seat. very uncomfy for a 45mins journey in rush hour.

i echo what some ladies said here. I HATE Evans with a passion.

i hate that my 60-yr old mum can buy more clothes that i can. (i am 28)

*sigh*

oh yes, and when you wear a pair of trousers or whatever, the material either swooshes every time you walk or the material rides up. GRRRRR

omg i agree with everything the sweat in the folds of flab that if youre not washing away fifty times a` day gets so smelly ,well i think so i get so peronoied about it.
the way my 'freinds' said wen i was 15 that they didnt want me to hang around with them anymore caue 'how can we get lads if your with us'.
the way my sister in law said to me 'please dont ask for a lift in the car as we cant afford to have it repared or buy a new one'
that wen i was pregnant with my kids you couldnt tell, even wen i was due with my youngest who weighd in at 11lb 1oz
that wen i was 24 and getting married my aunty said ' make a nice dress or go to evens for a suit wedding dresses arnt for people like you'
the way wen i met my mother in law for the first time she looked me up and down then turned to my husband and said' omg wat do you think your doing going with THAT' yes we add a great relationship till the day she died NOT
the way people think its ok to call me fat kath and cant see why i dont like it
that i cant wear high heals now and so never feel dresed up
same with tights trying to get them on is better than watching a`carryon film
hopefully although i cant take away most things now im post op and loosing it nicely most things will become a distant memmorie
oh ive just remmemberd wen i was a kid at a party one girl everytime i went to eat someting said' you shouldnt have that' i got so angrey i squashed a cream cack in her face and told her to have it instead then . i think i enjoyed that better than eating it lol

..................................kath xxxxx

I hate being fat full stop.
I hate not being able to do normal things.
I hate getting out of breath so easily.
I hate being stared at.
I hate being judged by others.
I hate being told by others to try and loose weight.

Roll on surgery.

wen i was pregnant i really hated it wen the other women were on about how they could feel their babys shape and how a foot or a fist would push up and not only could they feel it they could see the shape on their stomach all i could see or feel was my big fat belly.

I didnt hate fat so much as hated not being able to buy sexy outfits for the bedroom. Ann Summers size 28 was NOT a size 28! Hahaha
I hated being too fat to produce children and stopped being a woman from 14 -23 (until bypass) by not having periods!
I used to chafe soooo bad in school but stupidly assumed everyone did! Hate what it did to my skin!
I now suffer with acanthosis nigricans but thought that I was dirty and at one point scrubbed my skin with a nail brush and bleach! its on EVERY fold of skin but noticibly underarms (no sleeveless tops!) and on my neck!
But I didnt ever have anyone call me names etc and had pleanty of attention of men and women etc....I guess I was lucky??!

i hate the fact that when i look in the mirror i dont recognise myself,
i hate that i'm still deluded and think that im not that fat when im a size 28,
i hate that my friends and family still try to tell me that if i would only try to exercise and eat healthily i would lose loads of weight,
i hate that i hate myself and feel unworthy and depressed all the time,
i hate being judged because of my weight.......

Back