• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Everything you hate about bein g fat and were afraid to say.

I hate Evans because I think they're terribly over priced and you're stuck with what they think is stylish. Basically I'm a bit of a goth/hippy and most of their stuff is something I wouldn't chose to buy if I had a choice, but unfortunately I don't have that choice. I'm not into the latest fashions and usually when I go into Evans I can't find anything that I particularly like so I have to make do with something that doesn't make me look too much like a sack of spuds.

My mum buys her bra's from the market at £3.50 for a pair. Because I've got bigger boobs and can't get a back size 46 anywhere other than Evans I have to pay at least £22 for 2 bras. Again JD Williams doesn't really cater to my tastes either.

i agree with u about evans it is expensive, also with jd's depends on ppls taste, have u tried there other catalogues, if u go onto homeshoppingdirect.com all the catalogues there are with jd's. the only thing i like from evans is jeans and then im picky lol x

the same as what every one else has said really
Also
1)Not wanting to leave the house
2)Missing out on family days with the kids
3)Not wanting sexy time as when I look in the mirror Im repulsed
4)People telling me im not big or fat, Im 10 stone overweight for god sake of course i look fat

the things im looking forward to:

1)Looking in the mirror and liking what I see
2)I want to go to college and get my exams
3)To beable to shop where I want and buy things I like and not just make do with what looks ok
4) to get my confidence back and get a new job
5)To beable to go shopping with my daughter and enjoy it and nick her clothes lol i keep threatening this one.
6) to go on holiday and not have to cover up the way i do now
7)to get back in the gym

And as for the weeing when coughing, laughing ect I had to have what they call a sling op last Feb for this which has cured it, so in reality I had a op I didnt really need I just needed to loose the fat

i shop at next most stuff cheaper than evans , sainsburys good too x

Yes, Next have got a good plus sized range now, and fairly reasonably priced compared to the likes of Evans. I find the ranges held in Next stores a bit disappointing though, and have had to order from the plus size range online. It means you cant try on first, but they do offer free returns if your purchases are not suitable.

I once had a complete stranger tell me i should go on a diet unless i wanted to die.. :(

I agree with the whole Evan's / JD Williams ... Just to have the pick of the high street would be so great!

I hate the fact that i buy so many clothes i dont need in an attempt to make myself more acceptable.....I'm always looking for the elusive magic outfit or pair of jeans that'll make me looker slimmer or enable me to "fit in"

There are many, many, many things that I hate!! But, based on this weekend, I hate people I don't even know thinking I'm lazy just because I'm fat!!! It doesn't matter that I have two jobs and run around like a blue-arsed-fly in both!!! I'm still lazy!!!

Rest assured Helen!! not had a diper on now for nearly 6 month Lol, No Ime only kidding it has gone away now I think it was all the fat pressing on my bladder and muscles. Gail x
Gail & Sue, Does this go away once you lose the weight ? If I am ever sick I tend to wee my self (how lovely) never know if to be sick or sit on the toilet haha. I put some down to 3 babies and the rest down to weight, i thought that it was just me now !!

I hate seeing photos that people have taken of me without my knowledge. Although i know how big i am its always still disheartening to see it ! I like to at least have warning so i can attempt to find a half flattering pose !
I hate that even when fully "dressed up" i always feel scruffy
I don't hate the "fat clothes" shops, as without them i would never be able to leave the house, but i hate that they assume that all fat people are tall fat people, so all trousers are too long (strangely though tops are often too short and don't cover the spare tyre up !) And all the nice tops are sleeveless - as if i'm going to expose these bingo wings in public ! So you have to wear a cardi on top, and then you're even hotter then you were already. And why is everything so highly patterned ? I want to blend in with the background, not stand out in material akin to my nans curtains.
I hate narrow airplane and minibus aisles
I hate the chill of fear i experience when i see a turnstyle
I hate that i never allow myself to eat in the street, even when starving hungry - incase someone passes judgement.
God, the list could go on
But - one thing i have noticed, is that as i get closer to my surgery i actually care a lot less about these things than i used to, because in the back of my mind i see the light at the end of the tunnel and keep thinking that in a short while this will all be in the past

I hate always lagging behind at the back when I out with a group of friends because I can't keep up.

I hate carver chairs in pubs because I can't fit in them.

I hate telling a doctor that he'll need a bigger cuff when taking my blood pressure and him taking no notice and being surprised when the standard cuff pings off as it's inflated.

I hate that I've had to get a seat belt extension in order to drive my mum's car.

I hate that being fat has eaten the last 18 years of my life and I feel like I've wasted so much time when I could have been living rather than just existing.

I hate that I didn't listen to my family when I started putting weight on in the first place so that I now have to have sugery to lose weight and have a better life.

Excellent thread - and I can relate to most things that have been said. I have lost a bit of weight now and I can say truthfully that no wee comes out anymore when I cough or laugh.

I still measure up chairs out of habit - will they break or won't they?

I still plan my route to the toilets in pubs/restaurants.

I think these things will gradually disappear with time - they are habits I suppose. x

I hate the media when it tells a story about the latest obesity story, then shows pictures of unsuspecting large people from behind. I am always frightened I will show up.

The blood pressure cuff. That's me too. I have seriously considered buying one for my doctors surgery.

Theme park rides. Had to get off the helicopter ride at Legoland and do the 'walk of shame' back through the turnstiles. So embarrasing. I actually blamed the length of my legs!!!

I don't do funfair rides....in case I get stuck and end up on Youv'e Been Framed (weird I know)
I too hate the news bits with unsuspecting lardies from behind.....its just vile.
Chairs with arms....sigh.
Sanitary towel bins and generally the hoo har of getting into too small cubicles.
And of course the wasted time.......

Back