• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Everything you hate about bein g fat and were afraid to say.

I hate the sonographer who kept sighing annoyed, and then said, 'You're too big'. I wish I had reported her.

The heart doctor who wrote on my notes about my 'enormous girth'. He wasn't exactly anorexic looking himself.

I hate that I have welded myself to my armchair and am reluctant to move, even to stretch for the remote.

I feel a moral judgement passed on me by every glance, look and double take.

I agree with lots of the things on this thread.
One thing that has always stayed with me was when I was walking home from school one day (I was about 14 I think) and minding my own business and a white van went past and the window came down and the men (I use that term lightly!!!) shouted out at me "oi fat slag" and laughed and drove off. I did nothing to anybody, I was just walking home in my uniform...so they knew that I wasnt very old, it just hurt me so badly, why would they say such a thing to a child???!!!
There were times when people said mean things but none really hurt me or affected me too badly, I just got used to it as I have been fat since primary school, the only one that really hurt was the one mentioned above.
KAT...I am sorry that you had to deal with such crap people in your life that treated you so badly, reading your post made me angry for you and I just needed to say Im sorry that they treated you that way xx
Steph xx

But I didnt ever have anyone call me names etc and had pleanty of attention of men and women etc....I guess I was lucky??!

I guess I feel like Sal, I was lucky because I didn't feel like people were mean to me because of my weight. Hand to heart, it never even occurred to me that people were judging me when I ate or bought food. I really truly DID NOT SEE how enormous I was, I was in complete denial about how much and what I ate as well. Overall I didn't hate being fat so much as I hated the inconvenience factor, it wasn't until I lost so much weight that the light bulb flashed on. Once I had lost a fair bit, the rose tinted glasses came off so I could look back and see how my weight was holding me back/hindering my life. Friends now remind of times when all I did was complain when we would go out about being tired or hot, I really couldn't see the forest for the trees. I always felt like I was attractive and did the best I could finding things that were fashionable. I was very delusional though, I can see that now, I look back at some of those old photos in horror.

We all come to the wls journey with different baggage, mine was a steamer trunk that had been locked so only now do I know the extent of what was in it!

Nic:p

The only time I have really been upset by a remark was when my partner and I were in a car showroom looking to buy a new car. I had wondered off a little ways and the saleswoman was talking to my partner. "And it will be great after the baby arrives, there plenty of space in the back" I wanted to sob when I saw how embarrassed he was as he told her I wasn't pregnant. She looked amazed and says "So she's not expecting then" And the poor man had to tell her again. If my weight causes me a problem, well I will deal with it, but when it affects someone else, then I feel so bad.

i agree with all of you ladies. i do not know why certain people make it their business to tell me that i have to lose weight. if it comes from my parents, i know that they mean well (even though i get offended as i am very sensitive about people talking about my weight) but why should someone especially a complete stranger feel the need to pass judgement? i once had a friend's father (i was 13 maybe) telling me to go on a diet coz i was too fat. wtf

at least we are all trying to do something about it. the problem is, people who never had a weight problem CANNOT understand what it is like to have a problem with weight and food. as much as i cannot understand what it means for someone to quit booze. but i dont go out sticking my head out of my car window calling people DRUNK. oh well. every day has his/her day, ladies!!!

lots of love, xxxx

I use to dread having a cough cause every time I coughed sometimes I would wet myself lol My bathroom cupboard use to have a year supply in tenna lady :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: and in my office draw at our shop I had an emergency pack in there too! consisting of clean knickers, wipes, and a tenna pad LOL just in case I had a spurge of coughing. (I never did use that supply by the way) but I was so scared in case the inevitable happened lol. Gail x

Most of all, I hate that people convinced me to agree with what they thought of me.

I use to dread having a cough cause every time I coughed sometimes I would wet myself lol My bathroom cupboard use to have a year supply in tenna lady :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: and in my office draw at our shop I had an emergency pack in there too! consisting of clean knickers, wipes, and a tenna pad LOL just in case I had a spurge of coughing. (I never did use that supply by the way) but I was so scared in case the inevitable happened lol. Gail x

ME TOO!!!!!!!!

Gail & Sue, Does this go away once you lose the weight ? If I am ever sick I tend to wee my self (how lovely) never know if to be sick or sit on the toilet haha. I put some down to 3 babies and the rest down to weight, i thought that it was just me now !!

I'm on a positivity drive.....so here goes lol
I love my wee girls snuggling into me and my flabby bits..... I love that after my band i won't wee myself when I cough, laugh, sneeze, puke....I love that after my band i won't care what folk think of me...i love that after my band i will work my ass off and be skinnier than my sister who wouldn't let me sit on her new patio chairs because I 'exceeded the weight limit'......I love that after my band my snotty skinny in laws will be able to eat their own words.......I love that my weight brought me here - what a journey - and its made me stronger and a better person......and all the friends i have made here cos i wouldn't have come if i was naturally skinny :D

Def Liz that is a big bugbear of mine too.
I hate having to ask for a chair without arms so I can get in it without the worry of not getting out of it.
I hate how uncomfortable theatre seats are.
I hate being judged before I have even spoken.

what i hate about me and being fat,
not being able to do spontanious outings,
using public toilets,
rolling down a hill with my girls,
funfairs,planes,transport,eating out,
dressing older that what i am,
chaffing of legs,
having the person on the inside not come out,
eating out cause of seating,
but for me worst of all looking in the mirror and recieving compliments from loved ones.

gail & sue, does this go away once you lose the weight ? If i am ever sick i tend to wee my self (how lovely) never know if to be sick or sit on the toilet haha. I put some down to 3 babies and the rest down to weight, i thought that it was just me now !!

i'v not had my surgery yet, but i think it is a weight thing, and i know it's an age thing. So for me being obese and 54 means double the tena ladies.
Hope this helps sue.

All of the above really....

Cuppa - you are doing SO WELL!! I am jealous... lol!!

Liz - I know exactly what you mean about the need to be reclusive and being depressed. It hangs above me all the time and I have to force myself to do things.....

The weight is going, but not quick enough lol!! I am wishing my life away..........

Liz -

I hate having my friends and family get so annoyed and upset when a stranger makes a comment about me. My friend in Birmingham almost went and hit one guy for muttering something as we walked into a pub. I'd not heard him but she had and was livid. My mum is the same, if she thinks someone is commenting about my weight she will have a go at them. I'm usually oblivious! I hate that they feel they have to defend me.

I hate at the moment that my family feel like they can't eat infront of me because I'm on my pre op diet so they eat in secret.

I hate having people sit next to me on the bus, I feel like I need to make myself smaller so they'll fit on their seat.

I hate not being able to go abroad on holiday as I'd have to buy two plane seats for myself.

I hate that society judges you just by looking at you. Because I'm fat, people assume I eat unhealthily, I'm lazy, I don't work.

I hate that I've had to use humour to hide my shame about being fat.

Being on holiday with my 2 best friends that i love with all my heart, but despising the fact that they are a size 8 and size 10, tall, leggy and stunning!

Having to pay close to £100 for a swimming costume with a 'magic' tummy panel! Nothing magic about them.

Spending £1000's on slimming products/pills/diet clubs/exercise equipment. What a waste!

Blisters on my inner thighs when walking in the heat, wearing a skirt, and having to wear cycling shorts under skirts/dresses to combat this.

Kids being the cute innocent creatures they are asking, 'Why are you soooo fat?...Have you got a baby in your tummy?... You have very big boobies!'

Being a Sweaty Betty.

Being embaressed about my body and having to do the 10 metre mad dash to the bathroom, so that my beloved boyfriend doesn't see my nakedness.

Being prone to belly button infections because my fat belly wont let it breathe!

.....My goodness! I could continue this list for hours....

I agree with what most of you have already said. Here's another couple to add to the list;

I hate that my fat has zapped my confidence for the past 10 - 12 years.

and I hate that judgemental people think that fat = stupid

ty steph some things no matter how long ago you just cant forget....................kath x

ty steph some things no matter how long ago you just cant forget....................kath x

Totally hon xx People need to think before they say things about anything because what might have been an off hand remark that they barely even really meant could be something that tortures the person they said it to and affects their life negatively.
Steph xx

i agre with lots of u about what u have written, i was bullied when i was younger cause i was fat but i also had great friends who were there for me and now i see the girl who bullied me and she is fat herself now so when i saw her i just pissed myself laughin (was wrong of me but the ***** deserved it)

i just think if u dont like me dont bother with me, u be pleasent to me and i will be to u, piss me off because of my weight and i will not hold back, i will never have people make me feel like i used to in school, i dont care if its a person on the bus or in a shop.

just wonderin why many of u hate EVANS/JD WILLIAMS COMPANIES i love evans tho its a lil expensive and i work for jd williams, but i hate them for a different reason to ya'll i get up at 4.30am for them lol

Back