• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

New (aka dazed and confused!)

Dinda

Hello all,
I was directed to this site by a very wicked lady who was taking my blood (ok, so she's a member here and it's her job - but :cry:blood)
I'm due to have a gastric bypass shortly after Novemeber 3rd - my pre-operative assessment date. I've been on the waiting list at Guy's and St Thomas' hospital, London, a year on 8th Nov.
Has anyone got any news to share about the hospital or nice things to say about Mr Botha? (please don't scare me!)

I look forward to finding my way around the site and sharing our experiences!

Hi Dinda, and :welcome2: to the wls family. I did not have my surgery in London, however there will be some one here to give you the heads up on what you want to know.

Good luck on your wls journey xx

Hello and Welcome Dinda!
I didn't have my op in London, but as already mentioned, there are bound to be lots of members who did. One thing I have noticed though, is that many of us experience some very similar things even though we've been through a variety of different hospitals. I'm sure that for everything you want to know, someone will have the experience to give you a sensible answer. xx

:welcome2:
Hope someone comes by that has been to the same hospital, it does make you feel better knowing others who have been to the same place :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the site hun. Im sure someone will be along soon who knows :) xxx

Hello all,
I was directed to this site by a very wicked lady who was taking my blood (ok, so she's a member here and it's her job - but :cry:blood)
I'm due to have a gastric bypass shortly after Novemeber 3rd - my pre-operative assessment date. I've been on the waiting list at Guy's and St Thomas' hospital, London, a year on 8th Nov.
Has anyone got any news to share about the hospital or nice things to say about Mr Botha? (please don't scare me!)

I look forward to finding my way around the site and sharing our experiences!

:welcome2::grouphugg:

Hi welcome to the site, I love it so far :)

Welcome x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

hi and welcome

wlcome to wls huni, hope someone here can help you out soon. i am also new on here and awaiting my bypass, just waiting for the pre op assessment and date for op, its a long uphill battle but it is so worth it in the end and we are all here for the same reason

Thank all of you for being so nice, and making me feel so welcome.

What a lovely bunch you all are!!!!

Good luck :) i'm just a bit further on my journey tomorrow , light at the end of a very long tunnel i hope x

Hi Dinda & a very warm welcome :) I am not from London either but we have lots of Londoners on here so guess they are off having a life today but will be round soon to help answer your queries. Good Luck with your op, xxx :):):):)

welcome hun...we're a friendly bunch so feel free to ask away and hopefully we can help you out x

How did it go?

HI Dinda, hope your op went well, I have just been granted funding and put St Thomas' down as my chosen hospital (mainly because it was the one I thought I could get to the easiest :)) . Love to hear how you got on and timescale with Dr Botha

x x x

Hiya i had my op in Charing Cross Hospital in London... just wanted to welcome you xxx

Back