• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excercise

Nkpjkb56

I had my band done on the 2-11-13 when can you start excercise and what's the best and starting on sloppy food next week what's best for me to eat

My provider advised walking from day 1, but didn't give me the ok to swim until week 5, at my check-up and first fill.

As to what to eat... I like spicy food so Bombay potato and chana aloo was lush. Poached fish or fish in sauce was good for protein, as were eggs and cottage cheese. The inside of a jacket potato with mashed beans went down a treat, as did overcooked cauliflower and broccoli with soft cheese.

yes it's really only walking at this point, you may get clearance about 5-6 weeks to start doing gym activities but some including an crunches and sit ups can cause real issues with the band (and from experience if hurts ... A LOT!)

Mashed stages

Porridge, ready brek, weetabix
Scrambled eggs
Mashed vegetables, white fish, tuna,
Baked beans (if you're not limiting carbs you could have the inside of baked potato or mashed potato)
Mashed swede and carrot.
Tinned ratatouille (tescos do one which is great for mash stage)

Low fat custard, stewed fruits.
Low fat rice pudding mashed up a bit more
Thicker yoghurts
Thicker soups
Make home made stew and blitz it

Back