• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

RNY Gastric Bypass how long before i can get back to excercise?

vickip99

Im nearly 2 weeks post op(this sunday) i was wondering how long people have waited to get back to excercise? Its killing me coz i really want to get to the gym and back to some classes. What would people recomend for starting off x

Llora

Im nearly 2 weeks post op(this sunday) i was wondering how long people have waited to get back to excercise? Its killing me coz i really want to get to the gym and back to some classes. What would people recomend for starting off x

My team said no excercise just daily short walks for 6 weeks (if no complications). Then at 6 week check up i was advised i can start with gentle excersise (longer/faster walks and swimming was what the nurse recomended). I was way too weak and dizzy to do anything other than going on daily walks.. I went back to the gym at around 13th or 14th week mark as i felt i was ready and strong enough to do so.

vickip99

My team said no excercise just daily short walks for 6 weeks (if no complications). Then at 6 week check up i was advised i can start with gentle excersise (longer/faster walks and swimming was what the nurse recomended). I was way too weak and dizzy to do anything other than going on daily walks.. I went back to the gym at around 13th or 14th week mark as i felt i was ready and strong enough to do so.

Thanks llora, i really want toget bk now lol. But they say 6 weeks for a reason. Ive got full membership at our local leisure so mite start swimmin as soon as my wounds r healed. But gym after 6 weeks x