• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excited...had to tell someone

Red 42

novice bypasser
Hi All

I'm going to be Godmother to my Sister's two children on 9th August...it's a very special occasion and I just love those kids to bits :hug99:

needless to say that outfits have been on my mind, but I intended to wait till the week before to look for something.

I've just been to ASDA browsing whilst waiting for Son to meet me, and got my eye on 2 really nice linen dresses...one is greens, turquioses, and cream...the other is violets, magentas with a hint of black.

now I usually find it difficult to wear dresses (always feel the wrong shape) and find ASDA sizes a little on the small side...but today...they both fit :eek: (still a little more snug around the booblies than I'd like for real comfort) but by August they will be just perfect.

Sooooo...I bought them both :happy036:

when I got them home and tried them with sandals and shrug cardis that I have to go with both...they look flippin fantastic :wee:

I'm so excited...:D:D:D

thats fantastic news and makes everything worth while and what an honour to be asked to be godmother x

up to a size 24...but these are 22's and they have zips in the side which I didn't have to use...just slipped them over my head :)....great price too, just £22 each :D

Good to know they go up to a 24 - not there yet but will be soon. Fancy being excited about being able to shop in a Supermarket! You look nothing like a 22 in your pic - thats why i asked - thought you were a 14 at the most!

thats fantastic news and makes everything worth while and what an honour to be asked to be godmother x

I know..I was meant to be Godmother for my Nephew (he's 4), but Sis never got around to organising the event (she runs a pub in London & is a very busy lady)..she had 2nd Baby last November...so I'm Godmother to both and my OH is Godfather too...We do feel really honoured :)

Good to know they go up to a 24 - not there yet but will be soon. Fancy being excited about being able to shop in a Supermarket! You look nothing like a 22 in your pic - thats why i asked - thought you were a 14 at the most!

thank you Caroline...I weigh the same now as I did in that photo which was only 6 months ago...and the dress was a Monsoon (bias cut...always flattering) bargain which I got off E-Bay for £25!!

I really begrudge paying a fortune for clothes in the 'larger lady' shops...can't wait to be able to pick up bargains in Primark :cool:

Hi Yvonne, that's lovely that you are to be godmother! And getting some lovely dresses not from Evans or such like. Didn't know George went up to 24. I'm gonna get myself down there for a size 22 come payday! x

Congratulations on becoming a God Parent :)

And congratulations on yoru weightloss.

I done almost the same thing this week, For the first time ever I bought clothes far too small for me like you 2 dresses and a shrug lol all from Sainsbury's.

I saw them, loved them and decided they would be my incentive dresses for after wls. All being well if my surgery goes ahead in the autumn, I plan to be wearing the dresses by May next year :D

I dont plan to buy anything else, just loved them soo much and am finally feeling like I am on the last leg of all the pre tests etc. Everytime I look at them they cheer me up for more than one reason!

That is great news Yvonne - two dresses and two godchildren what more could a girl ask for!!!!!

Sending you hugs with fairy dust so you sparkle like a proper godmother xx

WTG Red! Zxx

Thank you all,

I was just so over the moon that I could even get into those dresses, and know that by August they will look even better :)
clothes shopping has never been easy for me...I find it a real chore and was once told by a very good friend (very slim friend too :() that I wasn't a 'real woman' because I didn't like shopping :mad:

methinks that will change in the coming months :D

Hi Yvonne congratulations on being asked to be godmother and on your weight loss. I too can't wait to be able to buy supermarket clothes, so much cheaper. I saw the magenta dress in asda the other day and it is lovely. Enjoy being a godmother it is great.

thanks Sharron & Allie

the dilemma will be which one to wear on the day, although the purple/magenta one will tie in with the theme which is purple & silver, hearts and stars (her little boy is her 'star' and her baby girl is her 'heart' :heartpump:)

I think it'll be great being able to pick up bargains in 'normal' size shops....bring it on :D

Back