• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Excited

Rebirth

Hi all,

I have an appointment next Monday to see Kath, Jennie and Mr Li at the Spire Manchester, HURRAH. If I have maintained since last being weighed Sept 09 I will be given a date for surgery. I have to admit I have a few pounds to lose prior to Monday. However, I started the liver reducing diet on Thursday, (only knew Wed), as instructed so this should have some effect. I think it is already working as I have urinated loads, which I'm taking as a sign that excess water and therefore glycogen is being passed. It would be awful to fail at this stage!!!

I was last seen on 1/9/09 by Kath who referred me back to my GP for referral to the psychologist and cardiologist. The appointments took some time to come through despite me regularly phoning the GP, PCT and psychiatric services. A few weeks ago the psychologist gave the go ahead for wls. At first I resented the delay but think the counselling I had was the best thing that ever happened. I have been in limbo for so long, it is hard to believe it could all be so close!

We're away for just over a week on the 5th, so I'm hoping my op will be shortly after we return from the Lakes. At least we will save some money on my food... I am so looking forward to doing some of the things with the girls other people take for granted. I missed out on the walks in the park/ countryside and floor play with them as babies. I don't want to miss out on family trips, shopping, swimming and watching them grow up.

I have been very blessed so far on this journey as I have met some wonderful unselfish, supporting people, in the flesh and on line. Thanks for being there. Although I haven't posted a lot, I have been reading your threads and gained inspiration and support from them all.

Thanks again.

Rebirth x

Hi Poppet, how are things going with you?

I think I've put this in the wrong section as I am not new to the site, just not a frequent poster. All this is about to change. I don't know how to move it - sorry.

I had a call from Janine this morning to tell me that my apt. with Mr Lee has had to be delayed until the 23rd August. I'm still seeing the nurse and dietician on Monday. All good things come to those who wait. There is always a reason for things that happen in our lives.

Rebirth x

Hi Rebirth , just wanted to say good luck on monday, Marie.:talk017:

mee tooo - good luck for monday xx

Hello sweetie, long time no see.

Good luck with your appointments and fingers crossed you will get your op date asap. xx

Good luck xx
Im taking it that you mean Mr Alan Li? That is my surgeon and I totally love the man, he is awesome and did me proud, sooooooo lovely too. My only issue with him is that he uses glue to close wounds and for myself this means that my scars took a long time to heal, I wish Id known to ask for stitches, but in the big picture that is such a tiny thing. I adore the man, he is awesome.
Good luck again xx
Steph xx

Hi Poppet, how are things going with you?

I think I've put this in the wrong section as I am not new to the site, just not a frequent poster. All this is about to change. I don't know how to move it - sorry.

I had a call from Janine this morning to tell me that my apt. with Mr Lee has had to be delayed until the 23rd August. I'm still seeing the nurse and dietician on Monday. All good things come to those who wait. There is always a reason for things that happen in our lives.

Rebirth x

Hi Rebirth,
I have left a "visitor message" on your profile-well I hope I have-computers still get the better of me lol
I think Sambucca(moderator)will be able to move this thread to main forum if she sees it or you pm her

Helloooooo :)

Good to see things are moving along, hope things go well.

Thanks all of you for the support and good wishes. I am having Mr Alan Li so you've helped reassure me Stephanie. I don't like the idea of glue, but I was put with him because I reacted to the perineal sutures I had when I had the girls. In some ways I feel like taking my chances with the sutures.

To whom it may concern, thanks for moving this post to the right location.

Thanks all of you for the support and good wishes. I am having Mr Alan Li so you've helped reassure me Stephanie. I don't like the idea of glue, but I was put with him because I reacted to the perineal sutures I had when I had the girls. In some ways I feel like taking my chances with the sutures.

To whom it may concern, thanks for moving this post to the right location.

Im sure that many of his patients are fine with the glue, I just know I myself struggled with them and I know of one other of his patients that would have preferred stiches. To be fair Id have scarred funny no matter what.
I look forward to appointments with Mr Li as he is simply lovely, so friendly and warm and approachable and that smile of his....whooooooo, melts me totally hehe When I had my six month check up with him I took him a gift and he was visibly moved by that and then I was so thrilled about it all that I sobbed my thanks to him and he was so lovely to me. I just adore him, cant say enough lovely things about him.
Steph xx

So glad that things are moving along so nicely for you. Not long now!

Back