• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

I'm going to see consultants team

Emma83x

I'm new on here I'm looking for people who can help me going through my journey I've recently seen as a psychologist and they have passed me to have the surgery I'm going to see the consultant team on Thursday and then be Hooked Up to the sleep machine I'm really worried as I have put a stone on I lost 2 stone more then my weight that they wanted i stopped smaking and stopped some medication and i put weight on could they turn me down at this stage

Hi im new to all this and im looking for some one who has been through the journey of weight loss surgery I have just seen a psychologist and they have passed me to have my surgery and going to see the consultant team and Thursday and be attached to some sleep test machine I'm really worried as they told me to lose a stone as I lost 2 stone I lost more than what they wanted me to but I've gained back a stone after stopping smoking and some medication at this stage can they turn me down for my surgery hope you can help thank you
Complete your profile so we know a little more to advise
It is a fantastic journey
Do not loose heart
We are hear to help you on your way
It can take a long time but it is worth it

Im just so scared iv been going through this for so long what should I expect when I see the consultant team and thank you for getting back to me x

Thank you so much only joined a week a go still getting used to this i will fill it all out x

I seen the dietitian and Dr Summers seeing the psychiatrist and she's passed me to have the surgery . Im going seeing this thursday one of mr B Ammori's team it says on the letter its says an appointment has been made for you to attend the bariatric surgery depertment xx

I seen the dietitian and Dr Summers seeing the psychiatrist and she's passed me to have the surgery . Im going seeing this thursday one of mr B Ammori's team it says on the letter its says an appointment has been made for you to attend the bariatric surgery depertment xx
If you have got as far as the surgeon then it is likely they will have had their multi-disciplinary team meeting (MDT) and the surgeon will want to discuss which op and put you on the waiting list and check your medical history (you would think they had this, but they didn't know I had hernias!). That was my experience anyway...

How long since referral by your GP?

Yes they have had a mdt meeting its been a year iv been with Salford Royal I'm seeing the consultant team mr B Ammori's i think hes the surgeon I'm just worried I've lost more than the required weight I've just put a stone back on im so bothered if they turn me down for my surgery now x

I think Mr Ammori has stopped performing surgery @Emma83x , from what I've read on here anyway.

Did they ask you to maintain the loss? Hopefully it won't be a problem as you've still kept the stone off.

Maybe you'll be confirmed as being on the list, good luck anyway xx

Hello, welcome and good luck :)

I think Mr Ammori has stopped performing surgery @Emma83x , from what I've read on here anyway.

Did they ask you to maintain the loss? Hopefully it won't be a problem as you've still kept the stone off.

Maybe you'll be confirmed as being on the list, good luck anyway xx
I really hope so this is the letter i got sent

Attachments

• 20161206_214754.jpg
    20161206_214754.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
Hello and welcome to the forum, you are much further into your journey than I am so unfortunately I'm not able to help you but it certainly sounds as though you've been accepted and this is to decide which surgery, there are many more great people on here who will be able to help and there is loads of advice and great support on here, I wish you luck on Thursday and look forward to reading an update.

Hello and welcome to the forum, you are much further into your journey than I am so unfortunately I'm not able to help you but it certainly sounds as though you've been accepted and this is to decide which surgery, there are many more great people on here who will be able to help and there is loads of advice and great support on here, I wish you luck on Thursday and look forward to reading an update.
Iv only been on here a week and its very help full i was just so scared because its been a long journey and i lost over my weight 2 stone but put on a stone because i stopped smoking and stopped the orlistat weight loss tablets i wish you luck to it's definitely not easy journey I just can't wait till it's all over and done with and I can play with my children and do normal things again xx

Hi Emma and welcome ..
I cannot help with the NHS journey but I wish you all the luck ..
don't ever worry about asking anything on here , because who else is going to be better answer than people who have walked the very same path..
xxxx

Back