• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise?

Nezzy

Hello all!
I'm 3 weeks post op from open bypass when is it safe to start gentle exercise such as swimming or slowly on the treadmill or even wii fitness as I'm so bored at home and feeling fine

WOW you're not sitting around are you?. I can't really help as you're open bypass and I was keyhole band but just take 1 step at a time and don't rush into anything. Swimming I would stay away from if you still have wounds as there's so much bacteria and other germs in swimming pools you don't want your wounds infecting. Take a steady walk would be my suggestion but some one will be here soon to advise you. Good luck xxGaynorxx

I agree with everything Gaynor said; definitely no swimming due to bacteria. Gentle walk around the block is ok I would think. I'm 4 weeks and I'm walking into town now, albeit slowly.

I had a tummy tuck only and was told no exercise til at least 6 weeks then it has to be gentle, no ab crunches etc.

If you have any queries, you can always give the hospital a call; they will be more than willing to give you any advice.

Back