• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise Machine Suggestions Please???

Hi guys!

I want to buy an exercise machine for me to use at home, and I'm looking for suggestions please!

I sort of fancy a treadmill, but have never been able to run (even as a child), but do like the idea of running! LOL!

I've also been hearing about these power plate thingys, that you sort of stand or sit on and in ten minutes you get half an hours worth of exercise! Seems too good to be true, but ..... sounds good! Apparently they are good for tightening up loose skin???

Or what else has everyone got at home??

Just a quick note, I have been told that I am not allowed to use the vibrating plates as I have had a bypass. Not sure as to the reasons why exactly, but I would suggest you check with your surgeon before wasting your money!

Thanks for that! We were talking about them at our support meeting last week (admittedly bypssers and banders there) but no suggestion that we can't use them! In fact they are going to try to get one to the next support meeting for us to try out!
I will check though, thanks!

i have a treadmill and a vibrating plate they are both keeping the garage company at the mo but do intend to use then soon i do prefer the treadmill even though i can only walk

I've bought treadmills ans exercise bikes in the past and they end up being used as ornaments for clothes. I had great intension's of using them when i bought them i truly did. Could you try out a local gym there are some gym's that you pay as you go with no membership. I just find when you've got them at home there always something in the house that need doing xxx

My problem with the gym is that my nearest one is over an hour away! So I do need something I can do at home on my own

tryy the nintendo wii fit and wii fit board. i have a treadmill to but rearly use it. it is just an ornament in my conservatory. the wii fit allows you to do exercise without even knowing it as it makes it like a little game.. you accumalate time so fast its untrue. theres a post somewhere on here all about the wii fit... have a read through it xxxx

I have an elliptical cross trainer and a treadmil. I love them and use them daily.

Hi

It depends what you want to get out of your workout. A good treadmill would be very expensive where as a cross trainer would be a lot chepaer and give you an all round workout. The vibrating plates are really a tone up machine but will work well alongside an aerobic regime.

Workout dvd's are good too, Ive got some cheap ones from Amazon and they are really good fun.

Good luck! x

Back