• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Exercise

candie

fabby not flabby :)
What type of exercise do you post oppers do and how often?I've just started swimming, and aim to go 3 times per week, and I walk the dogs every day:D:D
I'm just being nosey, and curious lol;)

Hiya Sal, I try to go to the gym once daily 30mins on the cross trainer and 30mins on the treadmill (setting 5kph) thats fast walk. I dont like coming out in the cold so swimming is out of the question at these bitter months LOL . and if I feel like it I go on my wii fit plus and do an hour of step cause you can carry on watching t.v whilst its counting the steps Good Eh! Gail x

I do an hours power walk 5 times a week. Plus 5k runs a thte gym and the wii fit.

Little and often is the key.

Gosh you are all doing well I am still pre op and not sure what I will do I have such trouble with all my joints not sure how much more flexible I will be

Jay xx
Jay you will amaze yourself when the weight starts dropping off, you'll ease the joint pain I bet:eek:
Gail you are bloody bionic;)
Sue-little and often is a great idea x:D

:)Hi Candie,
Not gonna be post-op for months/years!
but it's always good/inspiring to read what others are doing-
would be nice if it stopped raining - then our doggies could have more walks!

Hi!
We have a gym at work so I go 4 times a week. I do treadmill, stairclimber, bike and a bit of weights.

Hiya sal Ime not bionic Ime not one for the gym to be honest, Its cause my Carribean Holliday is just a couple of months away LOL so Ime slogging it out basicly. But if I hadnt got that to look forward to I would be typing away to you all on minis Ha Ha Gail.x
Jay you will amaze yourself when the weight starts dropping off, you'll ease the joint pain I bet:eek:
Gail you are bloody bionic;)
Sue-little and often is a great idea x:D

Hiya

would say that I do the gym every other day(roughly), and do at least an hour. One day I will do all cv, i.e treadmill, crosstrainer, stepper, wave and exercise bike. The next session, I will do a 10 minute warmup on a piece of cv equipment, and then do weight, swiss ball exercises and situps. I also do the situps on the CV days. I am hoping to start swimming again, but have had some very extreme ear infections after swimming, last one landing me at the ENT clinic every other day to have a wick removed and a new one put in for about 10 days...so annoying. I have bought new earplugs from the states though, so am hoping that they will do the trick.

MNL:p

Back