• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Expected weight loss

charl_s

Right I have my band next Sunday (12th) Arghh :eek:

However, bit confused to the weight loss I have read so much into that am more lost then ever :sigh: am like a walking wikipedia (full of useless info :rolleyes:)

Right I am 5'7 and around 15 stone eek!
Was eight and half stone in christmas .. yes shocking battled all my life with a weight problem :confused:

Anyway I am hoping to get down to 8 and a half again.. Just how much can I expect a loss with the band and exercise will I ever get down to this size 8 figure again?

Obviously I know the band doesn't do everything so could do without them comments ;) just a average weight loss I suppose.. xxx

I think i can honestly say that with most wls you get out what you put in.... Everyone is different, good luck xx

You could expect to lose from 50/75% of your excess weight but as Julie said its up to you how you use the band/bypass.
I was 18.5st now 14st13lb if I lose another two stone and never see them again I will be very satisfied with my surgery.I would say you should easily lose 4/5st.Maz x

Hi Sue, I'm not sure about the % of expected wl for the band. However, I found the BOSPA site was very good for information. I'm sure that one of the banders will be along soon. Neen is very knowledgeable. Don't forget, that your loss might not be as quick as other wl surgery procedures, however, the research shows that in the long term the losses are around the same.

Hope all goes well for Sunday.

your BMI isnt that big so losing 10 BMI is very possible

i was told the band generally can help you loose up to 50% of your excess body weight and you generally loose between 1-3lbs a week on average some weeks however you may loose more some less every one is different these are average figures! good luck with your band!x

Hi . . . sorry I am a little lost ! Were you 8st 7lb at Christmas and ballooned to 15st 7lb in 5/6months ? Cheers K

Well i just weight myself its 14.7.. I starve myself for months then when I feel i've done good i will eat to reward myself!! :( I hopefully am seeing someone about this problem its a horrible one to have

Thanks for all you replys my loves xxxxxxxx

I've lost over 3st since Oct, if I'm being honest I could have lost a lot more if I'd stuck to the providers guidelines, but my sweet tooth has won on many occasions. So I'm inclined to agree with the ladies that you get out what you put in. There's lots of ladies on here that's done brilliantly, Neen, Mazza, Julie (BD), Rache to name a few.
Good luck with your journey, the support on here is fab xx

Blue Diamond you are an inspiration with that brilliant weight loss. I hope my band and my determination does this for me. I am hopeful as after 6 days post op I have lost 16lb xx

Hello

Goal weight bander here ! :flowers:

You have asked the million dollar question, there are lots of statistics available for average losses but they are just that averages. There will be people who do better and others not so much.

Committ to a healthy eating and exercise regime, follow the band way of eating and you could lose that weight.

Im glad that you are seeing someone about your 'rewarding' that could really hamper your losses.I hope you get the help you need with this.

Good luck x

Hi

Im the same height as you but an extra 3 stone heavier (now that deserves an eeek!)
Ive had my band 2 months and lost 2 stone. Every week ive lost so far.

You can definately loose all your excess weight if YOU want to.

Please remember though - the band is just a tool, it is powerless to head hunger and all the research in the world will not help you unless you fully accept that you need to deal with this too. If you read my diary, you will see i set myself goals for along my journey.

Im glad you are seeking help for your 'rewarding' as you must get this under control.

Dont forget, we are all here to help you succeed this time. We are all on the same wave length and will not judge. Afterall, we are all here as we have issues with our weight!

Good luck with your surgery on sunday and lets hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to posting with us soon.

Back