• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Weight loss and dress sizes

Emma2206

Hoping that somebody that has "been there and done that " can help.
I had my band fitted in July 2013, and for the first year, had very minimal weight loss( I'm talking literally a few lb but maintained which stopped the free fall weight gain.
Had a fill last August ( 2014) taking me to 7.75 in a 10ml band, and boom, weight started falling off , and Ive lost 4 stone 4lb to date, going from a size 22 to a 14-16.
My question is this, I'm getting married in August , what the flippity flip do I do about my dress?? I still have another 50lb ( 4 St) to get to my target weight . Does the weight loss carry on at this rate once it starts? I don't know whether to buy smaller and adjust or bite the bullet and just order a size 10.
Can anyone help with some words of wisdom please? Xxxxx

Oh heck...i would see what happens over the next month or so and see if you keep losing or plateau out. Dresses do generally pull in but you dont want the wrong size having spent all that money. Even if you lost a another stone by then it could make alot of difference.
Good luck with your wedding plans!!

When I ordered my dress I was able to pay extra to be the measured nearer the time in order to make sure I got the right size. And I too was stuck in a dilemma!!! Xx

Hello :)
My weight started coming off straight away so completely different I know to your self. But when is ur wedding and I no ur on your journey but could u not have any more in fills this then should stabilise you if your worried about losing to much for your dress to still fit? Just a thought.
But regardless of what ever I hope you have a fab day and lots to look forward to on your weight loss journey! Looking forward to reading your story x

Hi ,my wedding is in August but the dress shop has said I need to order 6 months before so I'm at a little bit of a loss at what to do! I couldn't have any more fills I don't think, I'm at a very good level now and don't want to mess about with it x

Thats a dilemma hun! If i was you(not sure what size you are) i would get it made in at least a size down from what you now. Re that way they can alter it nearer time ., it will just cost you in the long run. If you order to o small ( not saying you wont reach your target) you will feel very disappointed and stressed the dress will be a waste of money as it wont fit! If you do it will only be money to alter it! Its best to be safe than sorry. Play it safe hun. Im only saying this incase you have a stall in weight. Xx

I ordered a size down from what I am now, my dress has a corset back and will pull in another 2 dress sizes so it will be fine. I'm still steadily losing 2 lb a week so it's fine. My mum was a dress maker before she retrained so can do any alterations needed. Thanks for all your help ladies x

Back