• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

getting very down

Gnomes

I'm almost 9 weeks post op, with an empty band (can't get an appointment for another 4 weeks :cry:)

My weight loss is very very slow, 15 lbs in 9 weeks, is crap!! but I don't know why??

I'm walking and exercising so much more then before the op, I'm being really good with my food,
(confess, 1 or 2 slip ups with chocolate :sigh:).

I'm just not getting it :confused: :confused: :confused: ??
What am I doing wrong?

It's getting me down and that's not like me
I don't want to be one of those obsessional weight people, but why did I go through all this for what seems very very slow benefit??

Sorry having a grumpy day today

I'm not a bander, but I think you've done fantastic! From everything I've read its hard to lose weight with nothing in your band and yet you have - sounds like you are making the changes in your habits that you need to to make the most of your fills when you start getting them.

I've not got a band and so probably one of the least useful for advice on the subject, but what I would say is the answer is in the first line of your post "an empty band" If your restricton isn't that great then you will still be able to eat more than you probably should hence the amount of loss youre getting.
Try and look on the positve side the worst part is over, you've been banded and your fill time will soon come along, when it does Im sure youll be losing just like the rest. Oh an dany loss is a good loss no mater how little :)
Good luck and remember you are not alone!!!!!

Gnomes chin up, it's still 15lb off and you've done that all on your own. Granted is not great you having to wait so long for fills, don't know if it's an option for you to consider buying an aftercare only package private? At least then you'd get fills when you want and need them...just a thought.
are you tracking your intake? sometimes bits we nibble on all add up! Try and focus on protein and seriously cut carbs, that with exercise was my magic cure xx

Think back to before your op.. What would you have given to be 15lbs less in 9 weeks??!! Over a stone in just over 2 months??? It's great!!! And probably healthier than a massive loss x

Huge thank you to all you lovely people xx

My fluids are very good, I only drink water or nas squash and around 2 - 2.5 L per day

Back