• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Extreme Tiredness

Perissa

Has anyone else suffered with extreme tiredness after bypass surgery?

I returned to work this week after having two months off work. It was going to be 6 weeks but Christmas and New Year got in the way so I was signed off to the New Year.

I am beyond shattered. I am sat here with legs like jelly and doing the simplest things are taking an age because my mind is so fuzzy.

I have been tasked with doing something which normally I would just get on with but it seems so difficult that I could literally cry with frustration and tiredness.

Don't know if anyone has any advice to offer or not but its nice to be able to winge about it here with people who underdstand.

Hi hun, have to say i am the same since the i do find i want to sleep more in the day and get shattered easily!!!!!! however I always am wide awake late at night

Hope you ok

Hi Perissa,

I've found that I actually have more energy. I can empathise with how you're feeling though as two of my health problems cause chronic fatigue. In all honesty though I don't think extreme tiredness is normal after a bypass.

I would say go see your doc and ask for a full blood count and a vitamin/mineral breakdown to check you are getting enough nutrients and that your iron levels are ok. Might be worth getting your thyroid checked aswell while you're at it. In the meantime try and focus on eating more protein and less carbs if thats possible with your diet as protein will give you more energy for longer.

HTH,

Shel

Back