• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fatigue

tynckas

Hi,

I am 4 weeks post op from having my gastric band, but at the moment I am having extreme fatigue.... I feel faint after only being on my feet a few minutes.... I am trying to do more... but the tiredness is just soo extreme.... Has anyone else experienced this & possibly have a solution...

I do have other health complications, but I was far more able before having this op than I am now... (I had no complications as such with the op, apart from anemia, but I am on iron, calcium & vitamins still)

I would welcome any advice...

Ive moved your thread dawn into the main forum as you had posted it in the introductions section. You might hopefully get more replies in here :)

Hi Dawn - i had my bypass op back in June and i did suffer with extreme fatigue post op (due to post op complications) so it has taken me until late November to feel more alert and healthier. I still have to go to bed early i get so tired still and need to rest - but i am getting stronger and my energy levels are getting better.

Don't worry too much about it sweetheart - just get your rest as and when you can and your body will eventually catch up with itself. Try and get good food into yourself i.e. a good amount of daily protein and plenty of fluids. Things will get better for you - sending you hugs with fairy dust to help you over your tiredness xx

you gotta remember your body is like a steam train boiler :eek: you can't get the coal in there to get a good fire going and get good steam pressure going!! in other words you're eating chuff all and you're not getting the energy like you used to, it'll pass, persevere, it balances out the more you lose x oh and don't be afraid of afternoon kips, does you wonders ;)

Thanks Peeps for your encouragement, Its good to know its not just me. I'll persevere & keep chugging along..... without panicing.. LOL..

Hi,

I am 4 weeks post op from having my gastric band, but at the moment I am having extreme fatigue.... I feel faint after only being on my feet a few minutes.... I am trying to do more... but the tiredness is just soo extreme.... Has anyone else experienced this & possibly have a solution...

I do have other health complications, but I was far more able before having this op than I am now... (I had no complications as such with the op, apart from anemia, but I am on iron, calcium & vitamins still)

I would welcome any advice...

Hi Dawn from Sunny Romford.

Your doing the right thing taking your vitamins and other tabs, when u get up try not too move too quickly and this should lessen the fatigue, also your only very early stages (4 weeks post op) and your still in the recovery period, dont rush ya self hun and take gr8 care of your self

All the best - MeJulie xx

Hiya Bluediamond
Its lovely to hear from someone so local to me thanks for getting in touch... Perhaps I'm trying to run before I can walk... LOL.... its not helped by so much happeneing around me too... ie I'm moving house this week too....
I've been struggling a bit with eating, only managing 1 meal a day.... I know I need to eat more & work through this to build myself up again.... Its not helped that I'm very anemic... I just felt I was in a no win battle....
I did try eating a little more today (I managed 1 meal & a snack & felt a little better for it.)

But to be honest I've take Judy's advice literally... and can sleep for ENGLAND.... possibally why not eating also ... not awake long enough to fit all meals in... LOL...

Its been great to get some reassurrance..... thank you.... I will also do my part & try to build myself up a bit too....

Thank you too Judy for your comments... the encouragement is much appreciated...

Hi Dawn
I haven't got to your stage yet, but all the advise sounds good to me. I don't live that far from you either, only in Colchester

I was the same for the first 4/5 weeks, when I spoke to my doctor he told me to make sure I drank 2 litres (min) per day, I have found that this helped me no end.
All the best
Deb

Hi Purrdreamz,

Good to hear from you, its always lovely to hear from local people. Good luck on your weight loss journey, these problems are just little niggles, its all worth it... I have lost 2 stone since pre-op diet started... (4 stone in all)
I have gone from a dress size 30-32 down to dress size 22.. & am really pleased....
Its lovely to have this site... as there is always someone offering re-assurrance if you need it... What hospital are you going too....

Deb (poppy) thank you for your advice.... drinking doesn't appear to be the problem for me, just the eating... (I'd rather drink than eat, so I'm trying to re-address the balance...

Back