• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Private band NHS revision

Princess Reena

Hi all - had a band in 2010 worked well and 4 stone - fast forward until now have put on 3.5 stone developed band slippage - have had band removed as emergency at UCLH and they have spoken of "possible" revision to bypass - my bmi is now 40.1 has anyone has a pri band and had revision in NHS?

I and welcome. Sorry I can't help with NHS. I had a revision to a sleeve 3 weeks ago but it was Pvt. Hope someone here will give you the information you need

Hi Sunshine as the same as you I had my band privately with THG - not te best experience I must say, I had to have emergency removal by NHS as had no help from THG - the NHS have taken over my treatment now and I am having assessments for bypass or sleeve - How are you finding sleeve compared to your band?

Hi Sunshine as the same as you I had my band privately with THG - not te best experience I must say, I had to have emergency removal by NHS as had no help from THG - the NHS have taken over my treatment now and I am having assessments for bypass or sleeve - How are you finding sleeve compared to your band?
It is still early days but I love the fact of not having any tightness around my chest. I also used to get left shoulder pain after eating. I feel really good. Still managing a few spoons at a time. Good side is I've lost 10 kgs since op 3 weeks ago. I also love the fact that I don't have to go for fills anymore. Will keep you updated on how I'm doing but so far so good. Good luck

Back