• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Failing Gastric Bands WHY?

Good luck I am so pleased for you.

Great news 102, I wish you lots of luck.
Just wanted to say though that most of the surgeons who work in private clinics also work in the NHS theatres so 9 times out of 10 you are getting the same surgeon whether you pay or not.

Jay xx

Hiya
I paid privately to have the band fitted, and got the OK in January to have my fills done on the NHS. I figured I saved them the cost of the operation, that it was worth asking as they do the fills at the nhs hospital I am under. I asked, and I was approved. I was really lucky because I know that it is rare to have the NHS approve the fills when they havent done the surgery in the first place.
MNL

Hiya
I paid privately to have the band fitted, and got the OK in January to have my fills done on the NHS. I figured I saved them the cost of the operation, that it was worth asking as they do the fills at the nhs hospital I am under. I asked, and I was approved. I was really lucky because I know that it is rare to have the NHS approve the fills when they havent done the surgery in the first place.
MNL

That's a very good point...well done you for getting them on NHS, that will save some pennies ;):)

It is great that the NHS agreed to do my fills ---- but if my band fails, I wont have a leg to stand on, so I will have to hope that it never does, as I dont think I could shell out that kind of money again to have a replacement band put in.:wave_cry: and as the NHS didnt put it in in the first place they are not responsible for it.
MNL:sigh:

Back