• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Failure, please advise :-((

bikerlady

Thank you all for your replies to my last post, sorry it's taken me a while to get back on here.
Well,after getting either too much or norestriction,I went back to my provider and had yet another fill, they checked to see how much was in the band and right enough all that they had put in was still there, so I had a bit more in (about 7ml in a 10ml band), followed all the rules in the following days and guess what, still NO restriction :-( I have feeling like a complete and utter failure and I'm being tempted back into my old ways of treating/punishing myself with things I know I shouldnt have like chocolate :-( Something I used to do when I was feeling down about my weight. I have been back in touch with provider, told them I have no restriction and been advised to wait another 2 weeks.Please can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong and why I can't feel any restriction. I am putting weight back on and feeling quite down about it. Thanks again for your help and support. xx:cry:

in same boat

hi bikerlady , my name is jackie iam from middlesbrough and i had mr li and i have been havin the same trouble as u ,i had fluid check by xray and thier found 3.5 mls missin thier filled it back to 6 had some restriction for couple of day then nothin have had more fluid checks at leeds 3 first one said missin 1ml next 2 said its all their but like u i have no restriction and am down and puttin no weight only have 1year left on my cover.thanks for listening hope u get sorted let me no how u get on

Hi biker lady , sorry I can't really be of any help I really hope they can sort your restriction out! I've not long had a band , before I had it I thought a band will get rid of all my troubles and things in my head about food and it hasn't it's hard!
In my booklets it says not to drink before a meal I figured probably because will be too full for food, but if your not feeling restricted do you think you will benefit from having a drink before your meal or maybe a low calorie cup-a-soup as a starter? What sort of meals are you having? Xx

Hi Jackie, I had Mr Li too, I struggled with my first few fills, too much so had to be aspirated, I don;t think I have ever had it just right, but the last 3 fills have been a waste of time, no restriction at all. Before my last fill (just over a week ago) I was worried i had a leak or something, they suggested an xray at £250, but said I would wait and see how much fluid was in on the next fill, which proved that the amount was all there. I have no idea why Im not getting restriction, but like you I have 1 yr left of fills. I am really down that it isnt working. I am gaining weight as portion sizes have increased (but i have also had steroid injections for an injury, so that could be a factor). Anyway, I really am grateful for your help and support, I hope you get sorted soon. If you ever want to chat just let me know, good luck hun and thanks xx

Hi Fizzpot, thanks for your reply. I was eating healthily, yogurt & granola brekkie, salad lunch, chicken and veggies later on, but the less success I have the more I am drawn back into bad habbits of eating naughty things, My head is in a bad place right now, I am feeling deflated and let down. I need a boost to kick start me, when I see results I am encouraged to work hard,I am sure you understand. i just dont know how to get this right :-( Good luck hun xx

Hang on in there biker lady! I hope it all sorts out :) have you thought about looking through a weight watchers book or slimming world for a week it may kick start things? Xxx

sorry your down

hi bikerlady sorry your goin through this i now how u feel, can i ask do u were u get your fills. i have been down but had some advise off some of the ladys on hear , wot they said didnt work but think it made me realise if i dont do this myself i will stay fat for the rest of my life ,so my daughter how wont to tone up is goin to help,shes goin for walks with me and swimmin and iam takin her shoppin so i dont buy bad stuff in lol .at this time iam goin to concentrate on lossing weight by myself,if i can get back under 15st then i will see about another fill andtry again so wish me luck wiipower not my strong point:wave_cry:

Hi jackie, thank you for your message, my provider is THG and I go to Preston or Manchester (or Liverpool) they seem to think we can travel any distance without any consideration to having to go to work. yet when they sold me the op, they told me I could go to preston at weekends or some late evenings, which has never happened and getting a weekend appointment is very difficult.I am sorry you have been down, I hope your feeling better about things now.I dont think any one who hasnt been in our shoes can understand how we feel or how lonely and desparate we feel at times, the provider made me feel abandoned almost straight away and hardly anyone knows I had the op. Its harder now things seem to be so wrong. I wont give up though, I cant. I hate being fat.So I will have to take a leaf out of your book and give myself a kick up the backside and help myself by being more active and better diet. I just hope I can get the band issue sorted out. It would be nice if you could keep intouch, good luck hun, and take care xx

Hi I understand what your going through but it will get right I had a 9 ml band and my sweet spot was 6.5 but took five fills before it was just right I understand why they do it slow now
It's so you don't force your band to slip please give it a chance and it will get better
Good luck and stick to it
I found porridge was one off the best for full feeling
All the best
Mark

Back