• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

feel like a failure with my band :(

Hi

The same happened to me - Great restriction after op and first fill then felt like no restriction - I had my second fill this week and restriction again - Dont worry this is a marathon and not a sprint - It cn take several band fills before you hit the sweet spot - Im not there yet
My advise is to stay positive - do plenty of exercise and write down in a journal everything you eat
Ive lost 5 stone since 1 Jan 09 and 2 stone since band fitted on 10 Mar
Im careful what I eat evan when dont have restriction and do tons of exercise
Good luck - You will get there
Cheers

James

It's frustrating as hell I know, exactly the same happened to me, I had the nurse do my first fills, she would only put like a 1/2 mil in a time only and I kept saying to her I was able to eat too much grrrr!!!.
My last fill was last December and I have had to really learn to be strict with myself and actually eat sensibly, not just hope it does everything for me (another unpleasant truth).
I have a fill week after next which will max my band out I think, but at least having the band does enable you to handle healthy eating .
You'll be OK, it's very rarely 1st couple fills = sweet spot for most people.
Keep reading the hints and tips from your fellow banders, the folks on here have brilliant advice .
All the best x

Hope you get what you need soon Mia

Back