• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Band Not Working

bikerlady

Hi guys, I posted a week or so ago asking if anyone had similar problem, and thank you for the replies....Its now 2 weeks since my third unsuccessful band fill. I have had no restriction for quite a long time now and my weight is creeping back on. I was told by my provider that I may need an Xray (£250), but they tried another fill and checked to see if the fluid was all there, and it was. So I had the fill but still no restriction. I contacted them today(2 wks later)and they said I may have a problem with the pouch and suggested they empty the band and leave it 4 weeks (this advice was given by text message) I am at my wits end and feel very down about it, can anyone please offer any advice, help or info, I would really be grateful and I am at a loss as what to do next. Thank you all so much :wave_cry:

Last edited:
Wish I could help but haven't come across this. Hope they sort for you x

Hi I haven't read your previous posts. I had my band done nearly 3 yrs ago. I lost no weight last year and was over restricted. I was with THG who were no support. In November last year I was sick for 1 day and they suggested taking most of my fill out, I was devastated. I decided to go with another provider as I found THG useless.In Jan I started with the new provider and the support is amazing. I see the Nurse first for a long chat , then into the Consultant for a fill and then straight into the Dietician every time.I also get an appointment for my next visit ( which THG never did.)Overall I'm now starting from scratch again and its so much better.Thankfully for all the time I had no restriction I didn't put on weight, but I didn't lose either, so I feel like I'm a year behind where I should be.
I've decided not to look back and just start again and go by the rules this time.I wonder do you have much support because if you're like me you need it.I have a 14ml band, it was filled to 11ml which was too tight. They took out 7 ml. Then the new provider added 4 ml on the first visit, and 1 ml on my last visit.I'm feeling some restriction but don't think I have enough in.The Consultant told me not to concentrate on losing weight but to get used to the right textures in food for the moment.

Sorry if I went on too much. I hope this helps

Thank you all so much.I really am lost at the moment and feel like such a failure. I did have some restriction with my first few fills, to the point that i needed some fluid out on a couple of occassions, but I have no idea why the last 3 fills have failed. I spoke with THG nurse today and she suggested i go back in 2 weeks and try one more fill, if that doesnt work then they will take all the fluid out for one month and start from scratch. if that fails it will be an xray. I am very wary of the fact I am into my second year of treatment and the clock is ticking before I have to pay. Its getting me down :-(

bikerlady said:
Thank you all so much.I really am lost at the moment and feel like such a failure. I did have some restriction with my first few fills, to the point that i needed some fluid out on a couple of occassions, but I have no idea why the last 3 fills have failed. I spoke with THG nurse today and she suggested i go back in 2 weeks and try one more fill, if that doesnt work then they will take all the fluid out for one month and start from scratch. if that fails it will be an xray. I am very wary of the fact I am into my second year of treatment and the clock is ticking before I have to pay. Its getting me down :-(

Don't suppose you have private healthcare via work do you where you could get an X-ray done that way? Think as its been ongoing I'd want it sorting ASAP....sounds to me like they're stalling you.....?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery

Don't suppose you have private healthcare via work do you where you could get an X-ray done that way? Think as its been ongoing I'd want it sorting ASAP....sounds to me like they're stalling you.....?

Sent from my iPad using WLSurgery
No I dont Jo, but i think your right, I have been thinking about it all day and part of me want to go and get an xray to see whats going on. I never expected problems like this.

Back