• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fallen off the Wagon. : (

JoJoTGirl

I've been a silly girl! After a really crappy couple of weeks and a particularly stressful day, I've gone and scoffed half of a (small) Easter egg all at once. I feel sick as a dog, dizzy as anything and my insides are turning somersaults. Worse still I feel like a twit for reverting to type for the first time since starting my pre op diet (10th Jan).
:mad: with myself. :sigh: fed up with myself.
:(:(:(:( What a numpty!:(:(:(:(

Don't think of it as falling off the wagon Jo. Pre op we'd have eaten 4 Easter eggs! I dumped terribly on a smarties Easter egg so my other one is currently unopened. Xx

I've been a silly girl! After a really crappy couple of weeks and a particularly stressful day, I've gone and scoffed half of a (small) Easter egg all at once. I feel sick as a dog, dizzy as anything and my insides are turning somersaults. Worse still I feel like a twit for reverting to type for the first time since starting my pre op diet (10th Jan).
:mad: with myself. :sigh: fed up with myself.
:(:(:(:( What a numpty!:(:(:(:(

Well remember how bad you feel right now both physically and mentally and try not to put yourself in that position again. If I felt the need to eat badly with a chocolate fix I would eat a protein bar as it would give me a hit but still be OK nutritionally.

Normally I would want to give you a bollocking but as my time draws near I reckon there are worse things to worry about than half a chuffin Easter egg. Don't make a habit of it but don't let the guilt take over either xxx

Aww hugs!!! Just take a breath and see tomorrow as a new day! It's all part of the journey I'm sure. Hope your ok xx

Am getting a grip and am punishing myself with copious amounts of god awful ironing.......on the bright side I am no longer hideously constipated (too much information right!?!).

To be honest, I wasn't even after chocolate when I troughed it, just saw it and ate it! That's worse isn't it!?

I bought a shed load of the protein bars but so far only really like the Holland and Barratt diet choc orange ones......any other recommendations as to which ones are nicest? Don't be tempted to list the peanut butter whatsit ones.......uuurrrghhhh!

I'll take the bollocking as read anyway........don't go all soft socks on us now....gotta go down fighting mate. ; ) Are you still eating really healthily now Karlos? I know you have to keep your intake right up but just wondered if the changes had become so ingrained that you just kept it going?

Cheers guys.
Jo x

I'll take the bollocking as read anyway........don't go all soft socks on us now....gotta go down fighting mate. ; ) Are you still eating really healthily now Karlos? I know you have to keep your intake right up but just wondered if the changes had become so ingrained that you just kept it going?

Cheers guys.
Jo x

Oh i'll go down fighting alright LOL

To be honest I cannot get nearly enough calories in each day eating the healthy foods I ate for three years. If my intake is less than 3500 calories I can lose seven pounds almost overnight :( so i'm in the enviable position of having to fill up with calorie dense food every two hours or so just to maintain my weight

I still eat as healthily as I can and always protein first, I just eat more carbs and fats than I used to. I start eating around six in the morning and my last meal is at ten at night, but I have food at the side of the bed and if I wake up (which I always do with the pain) then i'll eat even at two or three in the morning. It is really hard as eating is so often the last thing on my mind as it often makes me sick, but the alternative is losing weight drastically

i guess its a dream for some to be able to eat as much as I want when I want without gaining weight, :D:D the reality is its a pain in the arse having to do it

I'm sure it's a complete croc of poop but you're doing very well to keep it up. Thanks for the support. x

Don't beat yourself up about it Jojo, you've done brilliantly and will continue to do so I'm sure!

You've had a 'slip' is all. Anyhow, you're still my inspiration and mentor hahaha

Kim

Back on it like a car bonnet as my brother (a man of many words, often nonsense but nevertheless many words) might say. Reached the 6st lost stage on Thursday last week at 16 weeks post op.

I've been good as gold since then but I do allow myself little treats now and then but that upset me a bit as I didn't even really want it and just saw it, scoffed it like old times and I am absolutely determined not to go back there!

Have you been away yet Kim?

Well done Jo-Jo!! It's my worst fear to go back! 6st omg well done! How much did you loose pre op? I'm assumings that's not all post op? :eek: can't wait till I'm that far! Xx

6.5 stone as of last Thursday. I lost just over a stone in my 2 week pre op diet Kelly. 6.5 stone is my total 2 weeks prep and 18 week post op weight loss.

Deperately trying to change my profile pic but it's not working! grrrrrr.

Well it looks like a gorgeous new avatar to me Jo, Yum Yum xxxx

Bless you.....it's the first pic of myself I don't hate in years!

Just had a tonne of hair chopped off as it's started coming out so thought I'd lighten the load, embrace a "new me" and stop whining about it like I was last week!

Had between 7 and 8 inches chopped off in a ponytail as a donation for real hair wigs for chidhood cancer patients. Feeling a bit chuffed with myself for turning a negative into a positive!

How's things with you Karlos.....has that pain eased any and have you started your next round of treatment yet?

Sending hugs (each week they get less squishy though!). xxx

Just noticed your new look profile piccie Jo-jo! Looking good on the original but looking fabby now! Can really see the difference!
Need to see how I can add a profile piccie!!

Oh and well done on the hair donation! What a lovely thoughtful thing to do. I have experienced temporary hair loss twice since banding and have gone from very long, super thick hair to having to go for a shortish bob (which I can't put for work) and much thinner. I give thanks that my hair has always been mad thick and so my loss has never been noticable to any others than me, my hubby (keeps blocking the shower drain, nearly every week!) and my hairdresser. On the plus side, I can blow dry and straighten my hair in 15 mins now! Would have taken well over an hour pre-op!!! Just as well as I'm a nurse, start work at 7am and have to 'do' my hair before work whereas I used to just tie it back!!!

Bless you.....it's the first pic of myself I don't hate in years!

Just had a tonne of hair chopped off as it's started coming out so thought I'd lighten the load, embrace a "new me" and stop whining about it like I was last week!

Had between 7 and 8 inches chopped off in a ponytail as a donation for real hair wigs for chidhood cancer patients. Feeling a bit chuffed with myself for turning a negative into a positive!

How's things with you Karlos.....has that pain eased any and have you started your next round of treatment yet?

Sending hugs (each week they get less squishy though!). xxx

LOL nothing wrong with squishy Jo :D and top job on the cancer donation that's fab

This thread is about you not me but I started chemo last week and its not too bad, though for some strange reason the pain this time around is much worse. The pain killers help though so I'm OK.

Well done on the weight loss and your new "do" is very loverly Hun, it looks great xxx

Back