• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

false hunger

newgal

hi hope you can all help me agen. I keep feeling like I am really hungry my tummy rumbles and grumbles like a blocked drain it is the feeling i used to get before my op when i was really hungry. i am eating to restriction and am eating about 800 calories a day and i know it cant be real hunger. my friend who has also had this op tells me it is false hunger. but it is soooo uncomfortable can anyone tell me what i can do to make this feeling go it is driving me mad - thank you

have you had a bypass?

My stomach rumbles all the time, but not when I'm hungry. In fact I very rarely feel truly hungry anymore. I think its just something we have to learn live with unfortunately. x

mine makes lots of funny sounds! i eat untill i hear it infact .. its like its tellin me to stop! my dietian told me with the exercise i do to eat between 1000 and 1200 calories a day. ive had a bypass x

I'm a bypasser and my tummy makes all kinds of noises. I get a bit hungry, but not starving, but I eat what I am supposed to eat, when I'm supposed to eat it and nothing more. :cool:

thank you all for your help, when i asked how much i should be eating my surgeon said just eat three meals a day till you feel full but i get this rumbling all the time inbetween and it is so horrible feels like i am hungry i was not told what was the best kind of food i should be eating so i just have porrige then lunch is toast with an egg or tinned pilchards and tea is small portion of stewed meat half a boiled potatoe and vegetables i drink loads about 3 liters of fluid every day at least

I'm sat reading this and my stomach is gurgling away audibly !! I wondered if its because we have lost the valve at the bottom of our stomach that controlled how the food and liquid was released through to our intestines, so now it passes through a lot quicker ?

Back