• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dissappointed and just can't stop eating

Miss Tickle

I don't know what I'm doing. I just can't stop eating. I've been like this all week. I'm not hungry as I don't feel traditional hunger again yet. I just want food.I've had over 1100 cals today and am still on the prowl for easy to get in foods. I feel terrible, really sad and tearful, slightly uncomfortable for eating too much food and suddenly.realise that my weight loss has been all bypass and precious little effort by me. I thought I'd got this thing worked out but my weight loss has been slow for ages and I can see I'm eating more and more.
And the continual constipation is really getting me down.
Sorry to moan but this is by far my worst day since op.

I've been like that today. Just guzzling soup.

Oh MT, my heart goes out to you as this is one of my greatest fears too especially as I don't dump on anything. :( If I feel myself slipping I do some exercise, brush my teeth, or go out for a walk. I know it doesn't address the actual problem but seems to work for me & gets me OUTA THE KITCHEN, lol. Hope you can regain your control soon, sweetie, mwah xxx :):)

My will power seems to have evaporated and I feel so terribly sad. I don't know what's going on with me. Good job I haven't been having soup coz I could shift gallons of it over a day now I reckon
x

Thanks Twink xx

So I popped in for a scout about - And saw this Miss tickle So lets look at the facts all copied and pasted from your profile
BMI Information:
Start BMI: 48.8
Current BMI: 29.4
Goal BMI: 22.1

seems E X C E L L E N T going to me and I have to add that in my limited experience its been when I have upped the calories and taken the body out of starvation mode that the weight pours off - work has been in the way of exercise this past week and I now aim for 1200 cals per day and I lost 4-5 lb my biggest loss ever! Take heart enjoy eating a bit more but make it healthy and remember you will never ever eat what you used to!

Try going back to dense protein at every meal to keep you full for longer. If I have chicken it is hours & hours before I feel remotely interested in food. A boiled egg does the same too but has interesting results in the toilet department so best avoided if possible :eek: Chin up darlin, you are not alone as we all started with no willpower & as far as I know we didn't have any grafted on during the op. You have done so well & everyone has bad days ... get back on the hoss tomorrow :D xxx

Thank you Phil. I just have it in my head that I won't lose any weight if I go over 800 calories a day but those scales will have their say tomorrow. Thanks for your encouragement. I feel even more horrid moaning now remebering the difficult journey you've had and how brave and stoic you have been. Thank you for the inspiration, as always Phil
xx

Thank you Phil. I just have it in my head that I won't lose any weight if I go over 800 calories a day but those scales will have their say tomorrow. Thanks for your encouragement. I feel even more horrid moaning now remebering the difficult journey you've had and how brave and stoic you have been. Thank you for the inspiration, as always Phil
xx

My dietician told me to aim at 1000cals minimum at this stage & you are further out than me. 1400 will maintain so a few days of 1100 won't see the weight reappearing ... it may slow your losses a tiny bit but at this stage 1lb a week will still see you at goal very soon .. chin up chuck xxx :)

Oh Miss T you we are all human lol my bum is the same as yours sat on the loo as I have always wanted to say to the Queen! Do not ever apologise for being so superbly normal we all have those dark days and yes even I had a hot cross bun today!

My dietician told me to aim at 1000cals minimum at this stage & you are further out than me. 1400 will maintain so a few days of 1100 won't see the weight reappearing ... it may slow your losses a tiny bit but at this stage 1lb a week will still see you at goal very soon .. chin up chuck xxx :)

I only saw the dietician once about 9 months before my op. I've had no advice on intake at all. I'll be very interested to see if I do lose anything having the extra cals.
I'll try with the solid protein tomorrow as you suggest. I have had a lot of soft stuff today- hummus, cottage cheeses and yoghurt ( as well as two chocolates :eek:9 ). I know I shouldn't- I think it's my new comfort food.
Oh, dear....

Well done so far on your journey to a brighter healthier life, you have done fabulous you have voiced your fears and i think once you have said the words you can draw a line under it and get back on track tomorrow. No sweat xx

We are all allowed up and down days.
Go get a nice relaxing bath, watch something on the Tv or go read a book, go to bed and remember tomorrow is another day.

I don't know what I'm doing. I just can't stop eating.

Is it just time of the month female hormones messing up?

And the continual constipation is really getting me down.

If this is making you feel down and fed up and as if it's all too much hard work, then it is *this* problem that you need to solve.

There are loads of suggestions on this forum for constipation problems inc:

-- fybogel
-- movicol
-- suppositories
-- prune juice

And various others I have seen (loads and loads of previous threads where people have mentioned this problem).

Find a solution that works for you for this problem as a priority, and hopefully you will start to love your bypass again! :D

Thanks sharon. I do still love my bypass- I'm just off me a bit !
You're right-the constipation is really getting to me as is the pain in my ribs ( spleen). The spleen thing is making me nervous to exercise and I really need those endorphin babies !
xx

Someone ( I think chrisa ) says peppermint tea helps , so I have one a day cos I was stuffering too , appears to be working for me xx

First off Miss T, don't beat yourself up about it, I think it is something we all go through at some stage on our journeys. I am just a little bit further out than you and my weight loss has slowed right down and I do eat more 'bad' foods than I used to, but the bypass does not let me go too far.

My dietician told me to have 1000 to 1200 calories per day from about 9 months and this is what I do stick to, even if the balance is a bit out some days.

You have done really well on your loss so far and I am sure if you increase your calories to 1000-1200 a day your body will stop thinking it's starving and you should start to lose weight again.

Oh my sweetie you have done FANTASTIC and we all have wobbles (or should I say that i do) its so hard to change a lifetimes habits. Think about where you where and where you are now and what a change you have made already. I'm sad you feel so low and fed up and send you a huge wrap around hug and kiss. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The thing is, people who have no weight problems (normal eaters) eat like this, they over indulge then just get back to normal the next day, so you're just being normal. Hope you're feeling better now :) xxx

Hi everyone . Your words of wisdom, advice , support and cyber hugs have really helped me yet again. I'm glad to say I 'm back on track now and feel in control once more.
Thank you , thank you, thank you
xxxx

Back