• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Cant stop eating/feeling hungry

zns

Im really mad at myself. For the last week I have felt hungry all the time and keep grazing ang eating :cry:I cant figure out if its head hunger or real hunger, does anyone have any tips of how to tell which is which?
I lost nothing last week and am feeling really really down about it and my eating in the last week or so. :cry:

don't like to ask but are you due your period? I find I can pick all day at the wrong foods for a few days each month even though I dont actually have a period due to the mirena coil but its usually around the same time each month.

When you think you feel this hunger, instead of eating have a glass of water, if you still feel hungry after that, try another glass and if that still hasnt filled you at all then chances are that you are genuinely hungry.
If you are feeling hungry and grazing lots switch your main portion of your diet over to complex proteins (meats etc) as I find these fill me personally up really quickly and I dont have room to graze...which is good because I was feeling the same way, always hungry and felt as though I was constantly munching away, so I spent a week eating almost total protein and by day three my capacity was down and it sorted the grazing out.
Steph xx

Sorry to here you are having problems with your weight loss.
Im sure it will pick up soon.
Try not to worry to much. xxxx

I haven't had my bypass yet, but have to agree with Steph regarding protein.
When I eat a protein and vegetable meal, I find that I'm not hungry. When I eat carbs, I'm starving after 5 minutes. It's all to do with the realise of insulin. (I'm insulin resistant)

If you're not able to eat proteins, try low GI carbs such as sweet potato. These foods keep you fuller for longer.

The GI Diet - List of low GI foods

Edited to add. If you have PCOS, you should really avoid high GI carbs as much as possible as an excess of insulin can trigger the androgen hormones (e.g cortisol) which makes pcos worse.

Ive found that taking a protein shake has been helping when I feel that 'not sure if I'm hungry/thirsty' feeling.

Personally, I think possibly it's more 'head hunger' than real hunger...the reason why I think this is I know for sure I have never felt hungry once since my op...is your tummy actually 'rumbling'? I obviously can't know exactly how you are feeling, but without a proper tummy rumble (in the way we used to get pre-op), I would suggest it may be more thinking about food in a way we would have before the op, rather than actually being hungry. Obviously the TOTM stuff isn't going to help, particularly as it's not been around for a while, and I know I used to get very 'stuff my face with everything in sight' before my period, so this hormonal roller-coaster you are going through isn't going to help. All I can suggest is what others have advised, which is try to really pick good food choices, low GI carbs & high protein to make you feel 'full'...keep busy & out of the kitchen until the raging hormones hopefully pass xxx

i dont get a tummy rumble, i just get a real 'hollow' feeling, and if i dont eat i actually start to feel sickly, i dont think ive ever really had 'head hunger' for some reason, i actually get annoyed cos i dont actually feel hungry, but i get this horrible feeling which wont go until i eat. funny how we're all a bit different isnt it.

Hi Zoe, so sorry to hear you are struggling along... I'm similiar... always gain at this time of the year... although I'm doing my best, it's harder than ever right now with infections etc so I have every sympathy for you precious... here if I can help and if you want to join a daily food log if it would help you love... thinking of you Zoe.
Bev xxx

Back