• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Family favourite meal - info needed

Jo, what's cheese and onion pie? How do you make it?

Mine would be jacket potatoes beans and cheese.
Chicken curry
Lasagne
Spag Bol
Chilli con carne
Sweet potato chips with home made coleslaw.
Garlic mushrooms on ciabatta.
Could go on forever! Hence my need for a band!! X

Shortcrust pastry with a mix of cheese, cooked onions and mash....dead easy, really fattening, but gorgeous :)

JO28172 said:
Shortcrust pastry with a mix of cheese, cooked onions and mash....dead easy, really fattening, but gorgeous :)

Aw that was going to be my next question! It sounds lovely but is it bad for you! Ha ha x

Chilli con Carne made with quorn mince and loads of different beans.
Pasta with homemade pesto.
Vegetable risotto with loads of parmasean and butter
Hubby's special quorn chicken fajitas
Greek salad with extra virgin olive oil and dolmades

Mmmmmmmm this is making me hungry!

Ooh quorn fajitas. That sounds interesting. I love fajitas, I never know when to add quorn chicken though. Can you ask him please. I never know if I'm overcooking it as it tends to go dry and hard x

I have so many to list,
Curry and rice
Mince mash and beans
Meatloaf
Enchiladas
Chilli and rice
Spanish chicken
Garlic prawns
Steak pepper sauce and home made chips
Cauliflower cheese,
Jacket potato with beans and cheese
Pizza with coleslaw
Roast dinner
Toad in the hole
Fish and chips
Chips and curry

Hence why I had a bypass 21 and a half stone of solid food and fat!!!
Now working my way down down down! Xxx

Thank you for all your replies:)

We have a high student population in our area and I want to open a cafe that offers the sort of food "mum" makes!!

Good nutritional comfort food thats affordable, also I know that when I've had a long day at work I would love to just get a takeaway of of something"nice" - I dont do chinese or pizza or KFC so whats on offer .....not much!! a nice home cooked style meal...beef in red wine with mash or pork, apple and cider hot pot, or spanish style chicken and rice....thats what I'm after.

Would this work as a business model?! Not sure but I'm going to give it a go mainly because I'd use it and theres nothing available here like it...so here goes....

If this was on offer in your area .....would you use it???

Ooh quorn fajitas. That sounds interesting. I love fajitas, I never know when to add quorn chicken though. Can you ask him please. I never know if I'm overcooking it as it tends to go dry and hard x

He says he defrosts it , chops it into strips and pan fries it until it starts to brown like chicken.
Hope this helps :)

SARAH S said:
Thank you for all your replies:)

We have a high student population in our area and I want to open a cafe that offers the sort of food "mum" makes!!

Good nutritional comfort food thats affordable, also I know that when I've had a long day at work I would love to just get a takeaway of of something"nice" - I dont do chinese or pizza or KFC so whats on offer .....not much!! a nice home cooked style meal...beef in red wine with mash or pork, apple and cider hot pot, or spanish style chicken and rice....thats what I'm after.

Would this work as a business model?! Not sure but I'm going to give it a go mainly because I'd use it and theres nothing available here like it...so here goes....

If this was on offer in your area .....would you use it???

I would use, I think most area are lacking descent food most pub food is boil in the bag as pre cooked! Think of your pricing was fair and not high end you will make a killing just get out there and show them!!! Good for you and good luck xxxx

We have a place near us that has a similar concept, their best sellers are take away roast dinners. They throw in a free slice of cake. I've heard lots of people talking about them. X

Back