• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Pre-op diet hints and tips

bexh

hi
I thought it would be nice if we could have a thread on pre-op diet tips, a place were those on the diet can turn to for hints and tips.

I'm currently on day 6 of the 2 week milk diet.

So far I can share ...

• vanilla essence and sweetener in cold or hot milk is very nice, especially the the hot one before bed.
  • Crusha do no added sugar milkshake mixes.
  • Nice savoury drink I have is chicken bovril with 1/2 curry stock cube.
  • Milk frother from Lakeland whips the milk up into a nice creamy type texture, makes cappuccinos, lattes, fluffy milkshakes and because of the added air can actually bloat you a bit!
  • Found disney brand ice poles from Morrisons that are sugar free.
  • Day 4/5 gets easier from there on!
  • Make sure you drink lots of water to stave off the headaches!

:553:

thanku, this will be handy for when its my turn to do milk diet xxxx

Wonderful idea Bex. A few more for you -
* You can add stock to milk for a soup like flavour.
* I found sugar free jellies a life saver.
* I couldn't get hold of sugar free ice lollies so I made some with sugar free squash and sugar free strawberry milk. Great when your mouth feels rubbish.

Day 5 definitely a turning point for me too. Good luck to anyone on pre op diet, it's all worth it in the end :)

Shelleymarie that ice lolly idea sounds great, just the thing in this humid weather we keep getting. Thanks for a great tip.
Em xxx

This is a fantastic idea-I'm on Day 9 of milk diet, it definately gets easier after the first few days.

A few things I have found really good -
  • Instant flavoured coffee - you can get a brand called Beanies on the internet - they do vanilla, double chocolate, caramel and amaretto flavour they are gorgeous mixed with hot milk and a sweetener
  • Different flavoured stock cubes - lamb, ham, even fish - make in a mug and eat like soup
  • Sugar free jelly - Hartleys have just started doing them ready made in tubs - raspberry and cranberry, blackcurrant and blueberry and mango and passion fruit
Good luck xxx:)

Great idea thanks bexh and all for sharing

One thing I have found while doing this, is its hard if you've got to cook for other family members. As such, I have found that if I spend a time cooking and preparing things for the next few days, I get it all over and done with in a short amount of time, and as such, prep time and cooking time over the next few days is minimised. This has really helped me as I then don't have to spend ages in the kitchen each evening which is when my difficult time on the milk diet has kicked in!

i have only 1 tip and that is to stay strong, as it is very difficult for the first few days, so stock up on paracetamol and get to sleep early each night, thats 3 tips i know but the first one is the most important xxx

Are we allowed fizzy drinks? :)

Fuzzy drinks!! I wouldn't fancy those! Hehehe. ;)

I asked because I have a soda stream and I fizz up tap water. It's the only way I can drink water..... Was dreading having to drink all the water if I couldn't have it fizzy. :)

I asked because I have a soda stream and I fizz up tap water. It's the only way I can drink water..... Was dreading having to drink all the water if I couldn't have it fizzy. :)

Fizzy is a definate no post-op, so I would try and get used to having it still.

I loved fizzy water & drinks pre op & didn't know how I was going to cope without them. I am getting on fine with out them. The weight loss by far makes up for it LOL

Yes, I suppose you are right Bellydancer. It's hard to imagine not having them. I will try and do it from now on. Can we have any sugar free squash? :)

Back