• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Family & friend support ?

Grace

support

I've been so blessed, like Jacqui and Julie, with fantastic support from friends and family. :)

In fact reading this thread has made me feel very humbled. :eek:

My hubby and sons have been fab, my hubby always has been amazing with my battle of the bulge!

I have an amazing friend who took me to the hospital for my gastroscopy (with hubby) and she's also taking me in for surgery and then bringing me home again. That's a round trip of 200 miles, twice! .......some friend eh?

I have loads of other friends (mainly through church) who've been so supportive and loving and non-judgemental. My pastor (like a vicar) is also very supportive and will be praying with me the week before surgery, because he knows how much this means to me. :)

My brother who's a proper athlete, has given me advice, love and support re: healthy weight loss pre-surgery.

Any negative stuff, I'm able to block, but only becase it's so outweighed (pardon the pun! :D) by the good stuff!

and of course this FANTASTIC site which has been so helpful, informative and encouraging. What fab people you are, I love you so much all ready! I can't imagine what I'd do without you. A support group close to home would be lovely though.

and like Beverly, whatever I can do to 'spread the love' and support those people who need it, I will do with the greatest joy.

Love Charis xxx
ps and special hugs to those who don't feel so supported. You're special people.

Bev

Aww Charis... I think this is a lovely posting and we all have something to offer... no matter how small... I am always happy to reach out to anyone if I can help.... we are all in need of TLC at times and it gets us through xxx

thinnerangela

I had wonderful support from my in-laws who looked after me for 2 weeks post-op over Christmas.

My hubby was poorly himself and had a hernia repaired 5 days after my op - so she had 2 of us to look after post-op - and hubby was really ill anyway.

My daughters have been my rocks - one was away at uni when I had my op - but even now they both care enough to make sure I don't get overfaced with portion sizes.

My mum who lives 200 miles away has shown no interest whatsoever. I've lost over 13 stone and not once has she made any comment - she does tell other people but never says anything to me. Her only comment was that I looked old in a Facebook photo!!

And this and another forum I belong to have given me so much info and advice

Thank you all

Angela

Patoda

Hi, This sounds like what's going to happen to me also... husband is not trusting the whole thing... It will be my own choice so I will go to the appointments on my own. So be it.
For once in my life - it's all about me now!

mrsrule

My husband isn't keen but he is supporting me. He doesn't drive so we are travelling to Southampton on the train the night before then he will stay in a hotel while I am in hospital and hopefully my Dad will do the 180 mile trip to collect us. Makes me realise how lucky I am.

Beth68

My husband is the same he doesn't want me to have the bypass as he's worried about it but he knows how much I want it and he will support me all the way.