• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Family intervention and def going ahead with the gastric bypass in the next 4 weeks !

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Well here i am again saying i am going to have my bypass, exactly what i said a year ago when my uncle offered to pay for my surgery but i felt bad that he should pay so much out of his own pocket and also i got so scared i cancelled.
This time both my uncles are paying for my surgery together and i sooo wish i had done it a year ago as i would not be in such a pathetic state as i am now.

I am looking into having surgery in the next 4 weeks and possibly in belgium as its much cheaper defference of 4 grand, my uncles are researching it this weekend and will let me know by monday.
If i go to Belgium will go on my own but am ok with that.

I am scared big time but at the moment i know that if i dont have the surgery this time i dont believe i will be around by the end of the year as my health is deteriating big time.

My uncles took me to see their private doc today after they came to see me on Wednesday and they were shocked to see in what a bad state i was in, this doc i saw today was amazing and after examing me and speaking to him for 90 mins he told me i def have pocs which i know and also he believes i have metabolic x syndrome.

He wa shocked to find out that an emergency doc that i saw last week who did not have my notes prescribed me prozac and valium which have just made me like a zombie and crying day and night. I am in a bad way mentally and phyisically and know this is the last option for me and i need to have this op and start losing this weight b4 it kills me.

Soz this is a bit depressing but unfortuantley its the bare facts of my situation. Ty for stopping by to read my post. Take care, luv Roch xxx

hello and good for you for deciding on having the op,im sure you will find it the right decision in the long run,i to am on prozac i take 2 a day and have done for well over a year.i have a lot of weight to lose im looking at losing 16 st to be normal weight for height and thats a huge amount to have to face,long term the op is the best way forward so a big hug for making such a big choice and i look forward to hearing about your journey.xxx

hello and good for you for deciding on having the op,im sure you will find it the right decision in the long run,i to am on prozac i take 2 a day and have done for well over a year.i have a lot of weight to lose im looking at losing 16 st to be normal weight for height and thats a huge amount to have to face,long term the op is the best way forward so a big hug for making such a big choice and i look forward to hearing about your journey.xxx

Hi Emma i 2 have 16/17 stone 2 lose its a whole lot but i am in such a bad way now its my only option now if i want to be around by the end of the year. Are u having a rny as well.
Tale care, luv Roch x

hi roch yes im having roux-en-y and im also having it done open as im too big for keyhole surgery.my surgeon is shaw somers im having the op at st richards hospital in chichester and im very excited about it. xx

hi roch yes im having roux-en-y and im also having it done open as im too big for keyhole surgery.my surgeon is shaw somers im having the op at st richards hospital in chichester and im very excited about it. xx

I saw a surgeon some time ago have not gained weight since then and i was told i can have it keyhole. Shaw is an excellent surgeon and he speialises in peeps with bmi`s up to 100. When r u booked in for ur surgery xx

Hi Emma, i was told i can have it keyhole and it wont be a prob, shaw is a very good surgeon and is excellent for peeps with a very high bmi. When is ur surgery booked for xx

Soz thought the first post had not come through so posted again lol

hi roch i had my consultation with him on 29th feb he wants to do it as soon as possible and my pct have a wait of 5 months i was told to expect a date to be sent in june for surgery in july,yes shaw is a wonderful man and he truely believes in what he does which is great,once i realised i was lucky enough to have him as my surgeon all my doubts went away xx

roch! hello u beautiful woman! i just had a band fitted in Prague and thoroughly recommend it. it can be scarey going alone but it is great for reflection and peace. you are doing the right thing for you and thats great. have u chosen the clinic? at least going abroad means getting it done as soon as u wish and they do look after u well. well, they did at my clinic anyways. just make sure u research them properly (im sure u will!)

u have had a crappy time of it in the passed while with health and i definately think this will make the difference u want. best of luck and wishes with it. let us know when u are booked in for etc.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Good for you Roch - you have tried and tried but the struggle has gone on too long. I think this will be great for you. Can't wait to have you back on here telling us all about it!

Lots of love

Hi just to say I dont think that you will regret it at all, had my op done five weeks ago and was expecting the worse but went fantasticly well and Im back on top form. Good luck with your op, please keep us posted !! xxxx

hi just wanted to say good luck if u decide to have the op had my bypass done 1 year ago and have lost 8 stone i was 25stone to begin with and its changed my life completely so go 4 it, i still want to lose another 7/8 stone but to be honest im happy as i am, take care if u need any advice mail me or msn me at [email protected] il be happy to help xxx

Back