• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Fed up and angry at the same time

So glad I read this thread I'm 7 weeks post op now and having the same jellyfish throwing up whenever I eat, 2 days ago I threw up so much I got dehydrated, I tried eating slowly but it's getting to the point where I'm scared to eat, weight loss is going well as I've lost over 5 stone now.

At the moment I can't go off Sick Dani as I had to take unpaid leave. I am going back to See Mr Patel on Thursday for my check up. I'm still being sick, still like jelly fish. Supposed to be on near normal food by now but back on mush when I can. Can just about eat a blob of mash and braised beef which melts when mashed up with gravy and mash and stays down. Nigelc, it's nice to know I'm not on my own

Your health and welfare matter far more than your job. I know this is easy for me to say, and I also know that decent jobs are hard to come by, but if you are unable to keep food down you will become progressively weaker and might end up literally unfit for work. Your employer's attitude isn't helping but as others have said I can't see you being dismissed should you absolutely need to take more time off. You can prove that you've been through major surgery - nobody can predict in advance how things will go, post-op - and should you need further investigation or treatment your employer will just have to put up with it. These unforeseen developments are not your fault! I can only say yet again that your health must take first priority. Worrying about your job just adds hugely to your overall stress. If push comes to shove and you do have to take more sick leave, so be it. You're doing your very best in very difficult circumstances and you deserve a break x

incognito_46 said:
At the moment I can't go off Sick Dani as I had to take unpaid leave. I am going back to See Mr Patel on Thursday for my check up. I'm still being sick, still like jelly fish. Supposed to be on near normal food by now but back on mush when I can. Can just about eat a blob of mash and braised beef which melts when mashed up with gravy and mash and stays down. Nigelc, it's nice to know I'm not on my own

Yes it's nice to know I'm not the only one going through this, I've got an appointment at the hospital next wed so hopefully they can suggest something to stop this, as I said I'm scared to eat for the fear of throwing up, it's been over 8 weeks since my op.

Back