• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Hoping for a happier new year

Gnomes

I've had my 4th fill, taking me to 4ml in 10ml band,
I have no...... none....... zilch restriction :cry:

I can eat what I like and I hardly ever seem to be full, I'm trying to eat "fill up" foods, but I then seem to be hungry again in 3 hrs.

I had my op in April and have lost nothing since then :mad: nothing, not a single pound

I'm getting so down hearted and starting to think if it was all worth it??

Other people on here have had the op later than me and are loosing (which is great!) but ......

why me??!!!!!

I've had my 4th fill, taking me to 4ml in 10ml band,
I have no...... none....... zilch restriction :cry:

I can eat what I like and I hardly ever seem to be full, I'm trying to eat "fill up" foods, but I then seem to be hungry again in 3 hrs.

I had my op in April and have lost nothing since then :mad: nothing, not a single pound

I'm getting so down hearted and starting to think if it was all worth it??

Other people on here have had the op later than me and are loosing (which is great!) but ......

why me??!!!!!

Im sorry your going to a rough time I was banded on Saturday and they but 3ml in a 10ml band at time of surgery so I'm only on drinks and really funding it hard to get them in to me .. From what your saying I hope it is restriction and not just swelling from surgery ;(

I hope you get the restriction you desire real soon ;)

Gnomes ... What does your dietician / provider say?

How does a 2 slice of bread sandwich go down? That would be my test

They just keep saying it will take time! but how long???
I tend to go by how much breakfast I can eat and how long it fills me up, as I don't eat bread

Hope you get sorted out soon gnomes xx

It does take time, but also if you had your op in April and still only have 4mls that would appear to be a very small amount. My provider puts in 5mls at 5 weeks post op and then 1ml or less on follow up visits going by the patient and what they are finding with their eating.

It would appear that almost 9 months on, that they really need to look at the level of fills you have, and I would get on to your provider saying while you're aware it takes time, you do not have restriction and that you want something to happen to help you with that.

My hunger feelings are similar to yours but I know that I am due for a fill . . .I have 6mls in a 14ml band (5 mls at 5 weeks post op and 1 ml 2 weeks later) and at almost 3 1/2 months post op.

Speak to them, put forward your case, but if you're feeling hungry like that it would suggest that you don't have enough in your band . . .push them to help you. Do they have set ideas for fills and to when they can happen or is it patient led?

Back